Oh well. It was fun while it lasted...

#1LawnNinjaPosted 4/15/2012 7:39:33 PM
Online has officially been hacked.

I just played a Light vs. Dark game against a player named "Johnny" who miraculously darted around the entire stage at light speed, completely ignoring all terrain and often firing from the empty space outside the map.

Fortunately his teammates were both idle standers (another frustrating phenomenon that seems to plague this game for some odd reason), so we were able to dispatch them and prevent him from becoming the angel, but nonetheless, it's really sad to know that a game I was really enjoying is now going to be ruined by some pathetic nerds who have nothing better to do with their time than spoil other people's fun.
---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#2LvD_Dark_FightrPosted 4/15/2012 7:42:29 PM
That's not hacks.

That's horrible, horrible lag.

Or Warp.

I find that computer-controlled characters lag the worst for some reason.
---
Hey, I may be dark, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad guy.
#3The_PupPosted 4/15/2012 7:43:03 PM
Another case of lag and/or bumblebee.
#4M_dragon159Posted 4/15/2012 7:45:43 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the hacker communities, and so far, nothing. They can dump ROMs but can't play 'em
---
3DS: 1891 - 1378 - 1379
GT: Long n complicado; it's default ;D
#5Symphonia46Posted 4/15/2012 7:46:05 PM
I love how people just immediately think hacks without even taking into account of how lag can really be horrible.
---
This signature cannot be a signature without a signature. Therefore, this is not a signature.
Why do I keep changing my signature, you ask? Because I can.
#6GlickWickPosted 4/15/2012 7:47:54 PM
Nobody has hacked the 3DS yet, so this is unlikely
#7The_PupPosted 4/15/2012 7:49:25 PM
LvD_Dark_Fightr posted...
That's not hacks.

That's horrible, horrible lag.

Or Warp.

I find that computer-controlled characters lag the worst for some reason.

I'm guessing CPUs are on the host machine (like most networked games with AI). And if you're lagging with the host, you're lagging with all the CPUs on the host's machine.
#8MikeisapoetPosted 4/15/2012 7:49:29 PM
I love when people say "OFFICIALLY BEEN HACKED" just because they've had a bad lag experience and don't really have a better explanation.

But then they can't go and explain and/or prove that it's been "officially hacked."
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#9LawnNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:50:36 PM
I'm sorry, but saying that there's no hacks for the 3DS yet is just wishful thinking. Just because you can't find the proof doesn't mean it hasn't happened, and no amount of lag can account for a player standing on thin air all the time.
---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#10Symphonia46Posted 4/15/2012 7:52:34 PM
LawnNinja posted...
and no amount of lag can account for a player standing on thin air all the time.

Actually, it can.
---
This signature cannot be a signature without a signature. Therefore, this is not a signature.
Why do I keep changing my signature, you ask? Because I can.