Chapter 11 on 9.0 (using an Arm)

#1WugazaPosted 4/30/2012 7:57:46 PM
I barely survive in the flying segment. As soon as I land and enter the battle field, I get destroyed quickly, while I can't seem to hit the flying enemies that spit out the nuts (whatever they are called). I sometime survive out of the first part, then the next part is where all chaos breaks loose. I can't seem to dodge the annoying enemies projectiles (the part where they jump out of the hole).

Has anyone cleared this achievement. If so, what weapon (Arm) and powers did you guys use to complete the level?

Any help is appreciated!
#2WarriorOfHyrulePosted 4/30/2012 8:00:19 PM
In my opinion, that was the hardest part of the level with an arm. I used Transparency to bypass it.
#3Wugaza(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:02:39 PM
WarriorOfHyrule posted...
In my opinion, that was the hardest part of the level with an arm. I used Transparency to bypass it.

What level was the Transparency power on? Also, what weapon did you use to clear the chapter?
#4kirbycoolPosted 4/30/2012 8:04:22 PM
I used my thumb and stylus. Made it waaaaay easier.
I released the kraken all over their faces!
---
Sent from my iPhone via my iPhone. I have an iPhone.
#5WarriorOfHyrulePosted 4/30/2012 8:10:24 PM
Wugaza posted...
WarriorOfHyrule posted...

What level was the Transparency power on? Also, what weapon did you use to clear the chapter?

I used Transparency level 4 and the Compact Arm. But I only chose that arm because I already had a decent one. I can't guarantee that there isn't a better choice.
#6Exo_IcarusPosted 4/30/2012 8:16:41 PM
This was nothing. I have a very reliable Kraken Arm with great parameters that I used to do this with relative ease.

Beating chapter 15 on 9.0 with a cannon was hell. Cannon's are undoubtedly the worst weapon type, and I was barely able to do it with a crappy Sonic Cannon after 3 tries.

Beating chapter 19 with a club at 9.0 I could not do, I'm terrible with clubs and I hate them. I used a feather on this panel.
#7Primum_MobilePosted 4/30/2012 8:21:06 PM(edited)
what we used to clear the challenge doesn't matter. What's important is what you have. See if you have an arm with 5 range and at least overall defense +4 or shot defense +4. Having shot range + might be helpful too.
(i also used some arm i don't like, phoenix arm i believe, but it was the only thing i had with decent stats)

My suggested powers are transparency (for skipping the second room, and any other room you can skip), and instant death (for taking down annoying enemy quickly. Use the highest level you have, or whatever fits. After that fit in something defensive like super armor, brief invincibility, bumblebee, etc., although it's really up to you.
Skip enemy when you can.

also, good luck with the boss, as he's pretty hard at 9.0.
---
I am too used to looking at myself in the mirror.
-Naru, Ghost Hunt (Funi. TL)
#8DeSilent1Posted 4/30/2012 9:43:10 PM
I used a 5.5 ranged Bomber Arm with Overall Defense +8 and Speed +1 to clear the challenge. I believe it has the fastest charge time out of all the other arms so it was a great investment.

The key is to avoid many enemies and to only kill what's necessary. Brief Invinciblity definitely helps against swarms of enemies in certain segments. Super Armor is also great if your overall defense isn't too good. Playing Dead might help on that last spot before Cragalanche; although I've never used it on my run.

Other than that, just keep trying and know where the enemies spawn at. It took me a good twenty tries to finally clear the level with the arm.
---
Can't we all agree to disagree?
#9Doug314Posted 4/30/2012 11:10:41 PM
I have a Kraken Arm with 6 ranged and running speed +4 and a bunch of other stuff and it makes the whole level seem easy except the boss. To me, the boss is overwhelming the hardest part of the level and I thought it was easy to just run past most of the other enemies and destroy the ones you have to. As long as you can quickly destroy any of the enemies before the boss it shouldn't be that hard to deal with them, so that's what I'd recommend.
---
Medusa, Palutena, Isaac, Lip, Ridley, King K. Rool, Starfy, Anna, and no Lucario for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!