What are 'fun' some weapons/strategies I could try?

#1RayzerTagPosted 5/2/2012 9:38:13 AM
I've been getting kinda tired of the 'runrunrunslicesliceslice' gameplay of my melee 6 star-melee combo +4 Samurai Blade, so I'm looking for a fun playstyle to adopt. Preferably, I want make a set based around a fun gimmick, like the Ancient Staffs hovering shot/Guardian Orbitars' shields, or maybe a set based around certain status effects or something. Does anyone have any suggestions?
#2kukingina2Posted 5/2/2012 9:43:15 AM
fun?

guardian orbitars + black hole

100 value weapon + item vacuum and spite

6 star ranged angel/phospora bow + energy charge and slipshot
---
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
Resident Evil Ringtone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4eePpMDuo&feature=colike
#3isaac52Posted 5/2/2012 9:48:03 AM
This is a good idea for a topic.

A few I've noticed is shot range on slow, or still projectiles. It causes them to last longer as well.

Also Shot range + And Shot Homing + on eyetrack oribtars turn them into merciless search and destroy drones which can travel ridiculous distances.

Effect duration + In peril Attack Boost + on a weapon makes for a great trade-off weapon. It won't work too great on smarter players, but it's really fun to use to rack up points in together mode against n00bs online. I use this to get short 1-2 minute matches for fun and quick prizes. Trade-off sets me up to tear through ANYONE, even with defense modifers. And afterwards, with pisces heal you can reap the benefits of in-peril without fear of being killed. My Midnight palm with 3.5 range, forward dash +4 and in-peril +4 does about 260-290 damage(Can't gauge accurately because in-peril doesn't show in practice mode)

Shot Homing + And Homing Boost on an already powerful homing weapon, preferably with good or increased shot range turns it into a ridiculous, unrelenting bout of pain for those. On eyetrack oribtars, it can loop up to 5 times on a single enemy.

Now that I am getting started, there really are too many strategies to list lmao.
---
Kid Icarus FC: 3308-4781-6052
Looking to play people with high level weapons for better mystery items.
#4isaac52Posted 5/2/2012 9:50:25 AM
kukingina2 posted...
fun?

100 value weapon + item vacuum and spite

Lmao I do this!
I use a 143 brawler claw with 1.5 melee

+2 Running speed
+2 Item Attack

While I'm on your team, you NEVER need to worry about the opponent's getting daybreak :)
---
Kid Icarus FC: 3308-4781-6052
Looking to play people with high level weapons for better mystery items.
#5RayzerTag(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 9:53:52 AM
Thanks, those sound great
#6NyyarkPosted 5/2/2012 10:19:07 AM
Anything that boosts item strength or power strength, and then leveraging items or powers is pretty fun.

100 value weapons and a decent power set up is fun too. Reflect barrier can be used in bizzare ways when you can have nearly two deaths to their one and still come out on top.

It's better to use something like a palm or claws where you can move quickly rather than something like a club that really slows you down.
---
R.I.P. fungivore 2012-2012
#7chareyPosted 5/2/2012 10:21:24 AM
+4 speed brawlers claws +lightwight, you move faster then super speed.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonheart