Has anyone managed to... (weapon fusion)

#1jakestar0306Posted 5/2/2012 10:01:59 AM
make a calculator of what attributes and stats will move over during weapon fusion?
---
Kevin Butler is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 2
#2PokklePosted 5/2/2012 10:26:34 AM
I think it's not possible, or it's too complicated for the American brain to take. Heh. Iin fusion, you can actually see what is the outcome.
#3jakestar0306(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:30:20 AM
Pokkle posted...
I think it's not possible, or it's too complicated for the American brain to take. Heh. Iin fusion, you can actually see what is the outcome.

I know that, but it would be nice to see all of the possible combinations I could get with all my weapons without having to do the remove-cartridge trick over and over again. There's a program for this already, but it only gives the types of weapons, not the attributes.
---
Kevin Butler is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 2
#4isaac52Posted 5/2/2012 11:32:04 AM
It's entirely possible, but would require information we don't have documented yet.
---
Kid Icarus FC: 3308-4781-6052
Looking to play people with high level weapons for better mystery items.
#5DreaPosted 5/2/2012 11:32:38 AM
To do this, you'd need to have the exact formula the game uses. That's probably not happening anytime soon.
#6DesmisPosted 5/2/2012 12:55:26 PM
Each weapon attribute is assigned a specific priority in fusion, the + or minus is treated as a modifier to that priority. Treating the priorities as values to be totalled the game adds together the modifiers and then starts removing them to try and get as close to the "target value" of the product weapon (which I don't know the formula for but which is derived from some modified average of the 2 weapons) as possible beginning with the largest modifiers if there is a large discrepancy. Then once it can't get any closer by changing the modifier combination it alters the star counts to narrow the gap the rest of the way.

I thought this was obvious.

Obviously knowing how it works is completely useless without the formula for the resultant value of the fused weapon and the values of each attribute and star, but figuring that out will take forever.
#7SonicRecordsPosted 5/2/2012 1:01:55 PM
Desmis posted...
Each weapon attribute is assigned a specific priority in fusion, the + or minus is treated as a modifier to that priority. Treating the priorities as values to be totalled the game adds together the modifiers and then starts removing them to try and get as close to the "target value" of the product weapon (which I don't know the formula for but which is derived from some modified average of the 2 weapons) as possible beginning with the largest modifiers if there is a large discrepancy. Then once it can't get any closer by changing the modifier combination it alters the star counts to narrow the gap the rest of the way.

Obviously knowing how it works is completely useless without the formula for the resultant value of the fused weapon and the values of each attribute and star, but figuring that out will take forever.

Not really. Just get a 100 value weapon and try to get half a star carried over or one modifier to see the value added. This will have to be done with every modifier.
---
3DS Code: 0087-2786-2085 - MnK*Demise
Midnight Knights Kid Icarus: Uprising branch Co-Leader with Rzul and Ultima.
#8Peac3MakerPosted 5/2/2012 1:26:51 PM
I've made a bunch of desired weapon fusions already. All I did was pass attributes down lowering the value as much as possible with the specific attributes you want and then fuse it with the final high stars/value weapons. I created the perfect Pandora claws using this method.

Pandora Claws
Range:6 Melee:3
Shot range +3
Full-health Boost +6
Dash Ch. Shot +4
#9nonexistingheroPosted 5/2/2012 2:03:45 PM
Desmis posted...

Actually, I think it's pretty easy.

1. The value of the mods is already calculated, I think. So they can put that in a calculating program.
2. After that, they should just put weapon fusion results in it. Which weapons go in it, with which attributes and the value, and of course, the resultant weapon.
3. After doing that enough with all the mods being used enough in the fusion, it should be possible for the program to accurately calculate what carries over and what doesn't.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10DesmisPosted 5/2/2012 2:10:33 PM
SonicRecords posted...
Desmis posted...

Not really. Just get a 100 value weapon and try to get half a star carried over or one modifier to see the value added. This will have to be done with every modifier.

I didn't say it was difficult or complicated. I said it would take forever. You have to test +1 and -1 of every modifier individually after you figure out the star values after you figure out the formula for the target value and even then you have to test to make sure this holds true for different value ranges. You also have to figure out HOW the value of the + or - modifies the base value of each attribute, test to figure out order of priority for what is lost or kept for instances of equal value attributes if they exist, and you have to account for the fact that which attributes have stars on each weapon affects how the remainder is figured in stars for the product weapon (ironically though this would be the last step in the process for creating new weapons during fusion this has seen the most research by fans).