Multiplayer tips

#1Artemis787Posted 5/11/2012 12:08:22 AM
I am looking for some Multiplayer tips because I mainly use bows and can't really get kills.
---
Currently playing MW3(360) LoZ(OoT 3DS) Halo Reach(360) Mario Kart 7(3DS) Skyrim(360)
#2apolloflameownsPosted 5/11/2012 12:15:08 AM
slip shot
energy charge
homing boost
quick charge

pick slipshot and then 2 of the 3. Then for mods go for shot homing, shot range, dash charge shot in that order for priority. Then after that just practice pratice practice.
---
red joker:3867-2193-4043(japaneezy) black ace:4640-6968-9201(english)
platinum 2493-0945-8023(for trades only) soul silver 2579-3916-1665
#3The_PupPosted 5/11/2012 12:23:42 AM(edited)
Tip #1: Don't die.

Just kidding... Maybe.

Depends. What game mode?

FFA, always aim for easy kills and try to stay away from furballs (3 or more players going at it) but fire into them. Dying is sometimes beneficial in order to gain some of your powers back.

LvD, try to stay back and harass. Intercepting angels and players from a distance is what bows do best.

For bow specific stuff: Try to get a status mod on your weapon (mainly paralysis, freeze, weakening, shaking, confuse). If you don't, get a status effect power.

In general (but applies to bows) an all-round power set to go with is Lightweight, Transparency and Quick Charge.

EDIT:

Long hallways and chokepoints are your friends.
#4EnzanChaudPosted 5/11/2012 1:29:41 AM
For me, It's Slipshot, Autoreticle, Invisishot, Plus Warp for quick getaways.

I have a Palutena Bow, 5 Stars with +3 Range and +4 Side Charge Shot. I usually pick on foes from a distance now and then. If it's an open range, it's pretty easy to hit people, but it's also easy for them to find you.
---
I am the MaskedMan of Megaman Starforce 2
Pkmn DP: Name: Mikael FC: 2749 7576 6108
#5apolloflameownsPosted 5/11/2012 1:38:59 AM
The_Pup posted...
Tip #1: Don't die.

Just kidding... Maybe.

Depends. What game mode?

FFA, always aim for easy kills and try to stay away from furballs (3 or more players going at it) but fire into them. Dying is sometimes beneficial in order to gain some of your powers back.

LvD, try to stay back and harass. Intercepting angels and players from a distance is what bows do best.

For bow specific stuff: Try to get a status mod on your weapon (mainly paralysis, freeze, weakening, shaking, confuse). If you don't, get a status effect power.

In general (but applies to bows) an all-round power set to go with is Lightweight, Transparency and Quick Charge.

EDIT:

Long hallways and chokepoints are your friends.

lightweight is only used for either A. escaping or B. Approaching. As a ranged user your enemy should always be in your range so lightweight is unnecessary. Transparency is also unnecessary since you don't really need to hide when you can just zone said enemy out.
---
red joker:3867-2193-4043(japaneezy) black ace:4640-6968-9201(english)
platinum 2493-0945-8023(for trades only) soul silver 2579-3916-1665
#6Doug314Posted 5/11/2012 3:50:55 AM
Get a bow strong enough to kill in one hit. If it doesn't kill in one hit, it's probably not a good bow.
---
Medusa, Palutena, Isaac, Lip, Ridley, King K. Rool, Starfy, Anna, and no Lucario for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#7relaxed10Posted 5/11/2012 12:30:00 PM
Well for starters, if you're playing LvD, it's not a huge deal if you get the kills or not, as long as your team wins (admittedly it's kind of annoying when you've been attacking a guy forever and then someone else just swoops in and steals it.) I typically get my kills from just focusing on one guy and overpowering him or by attacking someone my teammate and just happening to get the last hit (sorry teammate!)

In FFA you probably want to play the hiding game and kill steal. I'm not really sure about that though because I never play FFA.

Either way you should always be camping. The only times I ever go for melee attacks is when I'm fighting a mid range battle and losing. The only times it's good for forcing flinches and knocking people back.

Try mixing up your shots. If you constantly shoot charge shots whenever you can then the opponents gonna know when you're going to shoot which means he knows when he can approach at full speed and when he has to to get ready to dodge that's bad for you. Either wait a bit before shooting again or fire a spray of uncharged shots.

For powers I mostly use Megalaser, Reflect Barrier, and Energy Charge. Occasionally I use Warp when the opponent is really good at rushing me and Slipshot when the opponent is really good at hiding from me.

Lastly your bow should probably kill in 3 - 4 hits or less. If it doesn't it needs to be really annoying with status effects or knock down.
#8CmaBoyPosted 5/11/2012 3:39:35 PM
Landmines are also a very underrated power for ranged attackers. You can either plant one somewhere behind you while sniping so you'll know someone's approaching you when it goes off, or set one at your feet when a melee attacker is rushing you to break their chase and run away.

Invisible Shots is also surprisingly good, as most Bow shots are pretty easy to dodge if you see them coming. This power temporarily negates that weakness and combined with the homing, makes your shots harder to predict (and give you away less while sniping).

You should also probably never go out of your way to fight in melee range, but if a fast melee attacker gets in your face, don't be afraid to fight back. You'll barely do any damage at all, but a quick dash-around and melee combo can knock someone on their feet (assuming no Super/Libra Armor), giving you time to get away.

Finally, things like Warp, Rocket Jump, and Jump Glide are your friend if you can effectively use them. You don't want anyone to get too close, so these can sometimes help to get away. Practice on each stage.
#9Artemis787(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 8:48:21 PM
CmaBoy posted...
Landmines are also a very underrated power for ranged attackers. You can either plant one somewhere behind you while sniping so you'll know someone's approaching you when it goes off, or set one at your feet when a melee attacker is rushing you to break their chase and run away.

Invisible Shots is also surprisingly good, as most Bow shots are pretty easy to dodge if you see them coming. This power temporarily negates that weakness and combined with the homing, makes your shots harder to predict (and give you away less while sniping).

You should also probably never go out of your way to fight in melee range, but if a fast melee attacker gets in your face, don't be afraid to fight back. You'll barely do any damage at all, but a quick dash-around and melee combo can knock someone on their feet (assuming no Super/Libra Armor), giving you time to get away.

Finally, things like Warp, Rocket Jump, and Jump Glide are your friend if you can effectively use them. You don't want anyone to get too close, so these can sometimes help to get away. Practice on each stage.

I use jump glide when I am getting melee rushed then the rusher kind of gets confused. My team usually comes and finishes him off after.
---
Currently playing MW3(360) LoZ(OoT 3DS) Halo Reach(360) Mario Kart 7(3DS) Skyrim(360)
#10Artemis787(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 8:48:43 PM
Thank you for the tips everyone.
---