This game craps all over the original.(Spoilers)

#100bularn00bularPosted 5/13/2012 8:35:35 AM
As in it completely throws away everything that the original had in place for new content.

Don't get me wrong. I'm loving this game so far, but it feels like the original game is being disrespected in nearly every chapter. The tempura wizard is stronger than the eggplant wizard. Pandora just turned into a generic bubbly anime character on me. Medusa was turned into a joke character after Hades showed up(I've heard he destroys the three sacred treasures too) and she doesn't even have any weapons to her name, like Thanatos and Dark pit do. Speaking of Thanatos, they turned a cool snake into this loser? He's like a bad Sienfeld character.

The only characters who weren't ruined were Pit, Hewdraw(I actually liked what they did with him), and Twinbellows. Once again, love the game. But I don't like how it treats the original. Viridi is also terrible...
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#2ChocoboliebePosted 5/13/2012 8:38:29 AM
I agree with you but for completely different reasons :O
- Reapers reacting to your fire
- not a single chapter that feels like the original at all (maaaaaaybe Ch. 20)
- limited Hot Spring usage
these are all I can think of ATM
---
51.3869 / 100 Death__Ballad points
||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
#3Why_Is_PurplePosted 5/13/2012 8:50:30 AM
I'm just waiting for Endgame to show up now and say, "You shouldn't even like it at all."
---
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3926-6218
#4Tortus2Posted 5/13/2012 8:58:59 AM
Why_Is_Purple posted...
I'm just waiting for Endgame to show up now and say, "You shouldn't even like it at all."

Because Endgame thinks that others shouldn't like things that others don't and vice versa.

That said, it really seems Endgame's just joking 99% of the time. I mean, come on, why would he/she be on a gaming forum if the only game he/she likes is Kirby's Air Ride?
#5Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/13/2012 9:22:48 AM
I agree, and I don't think it's a bad thing.
---
"Interesting how life goes. Forty-eight hours ago, I was a quadriplegic. Now I'm drinking beer on the moon." - Dr. Clef, the SCP Foundation
#6MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/13/2012 9:28:37 AM
Sorry but I can't agree with anything you said.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#7Tien25Posted 5/13/2012 9:33:45 AM
I have to ask... have you actually ever watched an episode of Seinfeld? Thanatos is certainly not like a Seinfeld character.
---
Brawl FC: 0087 1965 1861 (YAY)
#800bularn00bular(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 10:54:36 AM
Tien25 posted...
I have to ask... have you actually ever watched an episode of Seinfeld? Thanatos is certainly not like a Seinfeld character.

He reminds me of Newman.

Anyway, I just want to say that I don't hate all the new things this game added. Hades, Phosphora, the Chariot master and all of chapter 19 were excellent. The sucked but the space pirates were kickass and Dark Pit was a better character than I thought he'd be. The only things I dislike are the changes to some of the old characters and Viridi. Viridi is the worst thing about this game.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#9PolimarioPosted 5/13/2012 10:59:56 AM
Tortus2 posted...
Why_Is_Purple posted...

Because Endgame thinks that others shouldn't like things that others don't and vice versa.

That said, it really seems Endgame's just joking 99% of the time. I mean, come on, why would he/she be on a gaming forum if the only game he/she likes is Kirby's Air Ride?

Well, Endgame IS partially responsible for the infamous Pokememe: 'Hot Wailord On Skitty Action.'
---
Psychic Gym Leader of the B/W 2 Boards.
Regions Conquered: Sinnoh, Unova.
#10GloryChaosPosted 5/13/2012 11:04:05 AM
Endgame owns a copy of this game and loves it. Pretty sure his trolling ends at Thanatos, who he legitimately dislikes.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png