you know Pit himself is kinda of impressive SPOILERS

#31PKStarwavePosted 5/14/2012 5:59:12 AM
apolloflameowns posted...
Xavier_On_High posted...
Pit kills gods. He's less the "Captain of Palutena's Guard" and more "Palutena's Magically-Guided Godslaying Death Bullet."

So, yeah, kinda impressive.

technically he hasn't killed a single god.
Thanatos = get revived
Hades = body destroyed but spirit intact
Medusa got destroyed by hades however not pit :C

Ultimately Pit killed them. Thanatos was expllictetly stated to have died and revived twice, and Medusa claims that "Hades keeps reviving me, but I won't play the pupper anymore!"

thanatos saying "crushing defeat" and then warping away doesn't really count as getting killed.......
Technically dyntos killed hades. Since without him pit would've just gotten eaten again.

Now you're just grasping >_>.

Yes he needed the GST to defeat Hades, but he is (for now) the undisputed 2nd strongest god in the series, and even defeating him with the GST (which Pit himself had to defeat) is impressive.

No doubt about it, Pit is one of the strongest Nintendo characters.
---
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#32tremain07(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:00:27 AM
Medusa really got a raw deal in this game

she came back weaker then last time likely because she used up alot of her power reviving her commanders twice over and wasted even more of her power by trying to fight pit while giant

and of course she comes back just to get shoryuken'd by hades then again her idol said she was a death seeker

i guess getting your ass handed to you by your sister and her boy toy twice is enough to make her want to stay dead
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/wiptuu.jpg
#33LockjawA113Posted 5/14/2012 6:31:48 AM
Pit could fly by himself if he would just think happy thoughts.
---
"Perhaps, me thinks, thee hither yon thou. I think I'm going to have a FREAKING COW!!" Dick Solomon
#34toad133Posted 5/14/2012 6:54:11 AM
MasterKnight75 posted...
Endgame posted...
Ness relies on his friends to beat an embodiment of evil. He's nothing on his own.

TBF, an embodiment of evil isn't exactly something most people can beat. Ness is quite capable of kicking ass, and some would even argue he's a world breaker, just that Gigyas is THAT much stronger. Like Thor vs Galactus.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#35Big_IsaacPosted 5/14/2012 6:55:55 AM
the GTS killed Hades, not Pit
it's a temporary power-up that isn't part of Pit's normal arsenal, like the Hyper Beam for Samus or a starman for Mario

Pit had a ton of help for all the great things he achieved. he had the power of flight while fighting Madusa, which augments his firepower (+ the 3 sacred treasures, potentially) and the GTS while fighting Hades.

he defeated Thanatos on his own, but let's be honest. the guy is a wimp.
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#36_ClintonPosted 5/14/2012 7:16:46 AM
To be fair, Ness had his mind transferred into a robot and had his friends to look after in the final battle. Plus there is the idea that Giygas was suffering by just being alive in the final battle, making the idea of just simply murdering him hard.

Remember, Giygas is afraid of Ness because he had the same power, and mastered it.

Oh and Bowser is hardly just 100% a mighty glacier. Mario, Luigi, Wario, DK, and him have all been displayed a lot as lightning bruisers as well.
#37Green MambaPosted 5/14/2012 7:34:24 AM(edited)
Pit had a ton of help for all the great things he achieved. he had the power of flight while fighting Madusa, which augments his firepower (+ the 3 sacred treasures, potentially) and the GTS while fighting Hades.

He uses the Pegasus Wings when you fight Medusa--at the beginning of Chapter 9 Palutena says she disables the Pegasus Wings because she doesn't know how reliable they are any more, and if you choose not to use the 3 Sacred Treasures in the chapter Palutena says she brings along the Pegasus Wings anyway. And we know the Power of Flight can't be activated the same day that it's already been used, so when he flies during the Medusa fight he's using the Pegasus Wings (regardless if you opt to use the 3 Sacred Treasures or not). Whether or not the Pegasus Wings enhance his weapon's power isn't knowable because the only time in Uprising they're definitely used is against Medusa, so we have no control to compare it to.

he defeated Thanatos on his own, but let's be honest. the guy is a wimp.

He has also killed Pandora in the past.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#38pikachupwnagePosted 5/14/2012 7:50:08 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
I can't tell if Pit is really strong, or everyone else in the KI universe is just really weak.

I mean, Hades and Viridi have three commanders each, and entire armies, but Palutena just sends in Pit and still manages to win.

Pit can even defeat Medusa without the three Sacred Treasures in this game.

Thats not canon though
---
"I'm a Riddle wrapped inside an enigma wrapped inside a taco"
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#39MasterKnight75Posted 5/14/2012 7:57:09 AM
Vansalon posted...
Meg has good growths, but they're more Myrmidon-ish than Knight-ish. She's also bashed for being EXTREMELY hard to train because of the types of chapters you have her for early on, and the Dawn Brigade anyway is very underleveled. Gatrie will turn out with almost as good in most stats, and better defense, and is MUCH easier to train, which is why I and many others prefer him.

Yes I am a devoted FE Fan.

I don't quite mind the more speedster growths, since it means it will take multiple baddies to break through a chokepoint. Physical ones too, since Meg has good Magic Defense. Though the 8 Speed and only 10 Physical Defense for bases as well as the iffy Physical Defense growth do bug me. 9 Speed and 12 Physical Defense at least would have been a vast improvement. Still, 1-4 has enough chokepoints to prevent the Laguz from swarming your team, and if you kill them transformed, they do provide more experience. If you need a forge, just sell the Kard, because that thing sucks.

Besides, most DB members are guaranteed to be benched in Part 4 anyway unless you want to use most or all of them. I'm more worried about reaching Part 4 in the first place, since by that point, I have 9001 options for units including brokens ones *coughelinciahackroyalswheeze*, compared to the meager 12-13 for dealing with the Part 3 DB maps, maybe only 3-4 of which have a chance of having decent defense that can shake off the 40 ATK mooks.

toad133 posted...
TBF, an embodiment of evil isn't exactly something most people can beat. Ness is quite capable of kicking ass, and some would even argue he's a world breaker, just that Gigyas is THAT much stronger. Like Thor vs Galactus.

I'm remarking why Endgame's points suck.
---
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH
#40isaac52Posted 5/14/2012 8:08:55 AM
Despite all the help he received, the support of several gods and goddesses, weapons and powers forged by Dyntos Himself... to refer to pit as "nothing" despite all his trials, accomplishments, and expression of heart is just an obvious troll.

Expecting anyone to be able to accomplish anything entirely on their own is both unrealistic, but if you think for a second that just anyone else could've done what Pit did, you're daft. Plain and simple.
---
Kid Icarus FC: 3308-4781-6052
Looking to play people with high level weapons for better mystery items.