How to fuse weapons with max stars & great attributes

#1RawstyleEeveePosted 5/14/2012 6:25:40 AM
I really want to make a good pair of Viridi claws which has these attributes

Max stars in both stats
Running Speed +4 or higher
overal defence + 5 or higher(for those lv 9 chapters, really want + 8 if its possible xD)
Petrification +4 or higher
Melee combo + 4 or higher

So is this possible or impossible to get?
And is there a chapter were you can farm good weapons?

Thanks in advance
#2mtpfreakPosted 5/14/2012 6:30:20 AM
Basically if you want lots and stars and great attributes, you need the highest value weapons you can get.

Chapter 20 can drop weapons as high as 341 value, played on 9.0. As 9.0 goes, ch. 20 is one of the fastest and easiest to do.

What modifiers you'll get is a matter of luck when fusing, the way they're passed on is currently a mystery so all you can do is hope the right modifiers pass on. You're also going to hope that only the desired modifiers are passed on, and not some junk ones that don't add much, but end up taking away stars.
Typically, some things such as Overall Defense pass on more easily if both weapons have the modifier, especially if one of them is weaker (+5 against +8)
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#3FehKehPosted 5/14/2012 6:39:44 AM(edited)
Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and put you out of your misery: That weapon is not possible. With 6 stars in both Melee and Ranged, at best you'll get maybe one of those attributes at a lower value (+2-3) if you're extremely lucky. Alternatively, you might also get a couple of those attributes (2-3) at +1 levels.

+4, not going to happen.

I'd suggest focusing on one type of damage (probably melee in your case) and narrowing down your modifier selection to 3 at most.
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#4RawstyleEevee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:39:53 AM
mtpfreak posted...
Basically if you want lots and stars and great attributes, you need the highest value weapons you can get.

Chapter 20 can drop weapons as high as 341 value, played on 9.0. As 9.0 goes, ch. 20 is one of the fastest and easiest to do.

What modifiers you'll get is a matter of luck when fusing, the way they're passed on is currently a mystery so all you can do is hope the right modifiers pass on. You're also going to hope that only the desired modifiers are passed on, and not some junk ones that don't add much, but end up taking away stars.
Typically, some things such as Overall Defense pass on more easily if both weapons have the modifier, especially if one of them is weaker (+5 against +8)

Looks i'll be farming chapter 20 then, but I only have brawler claws with + 8 overal defence, will these do the trick for getting trough the stage? If I recall right they have 0 stars my brawler claws XD
#5RawstyleEevee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:43:48 AM
FehKeh posted...
Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and put you out of your misery: That weapon is not possible. With 6 stars in both Melee and Ranged, at best you'll get maybe one of those attributes at a lower value (+2-3) if you're extremely lucky. Alternatively, you might also get a couple of those attributes (2-3) at +1 levels.

+4, not going to happen.

I'd suggest focusing on one type of damage (probably melee in your case) and narrowing down your modifier selection to 3 at most.

But + 4 speed is that possible on a + 6 melee weapon?
#6FehKehPosted 5/14/2012 6:48:02 AM(edited)
RawstyleEevee posted...
But + 4 speed is that possible on a + 6 melee weapon?

Very possible on a 6 star melee, 0 star ranged weapon, you could also probably squeeze in Melee Combo +4 and maybe a Status. Less possible on a 6 star melee, 6 star ranged weapon even when it's the only modifier you're going for. Not going to do the math for you, check out the fusion FAQ for that, but it's probably JUST in the range of possible. You're going to need a REALLY lucky fuse and probably a negative modifier to offset the value.
---
#7mtpfreakPosted 5/14/2012 6:47:25 AM
He's right, a weapon like that has too much going on to even fit into the limits.

A weapon's max value is speculated to be 355 (base 100 + 255), realistically it appears to be 341, and even then it may only be around 333 after one fusion.

Based on this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/faqs/64051

Base weapon value: 100
6 star ranged, value +106
6 star melee, value + 73

That's already 279 value.

Running speed +4, value +26
Overall defense +5, value+ 59
Petrification +4, value unknown, lets assume +44
Melee Combo +4, value +30

That puts you at an estimated 438 value, way higher than possible.
Let's say you have those four modifiers on top of the base value, for 259 points.
You can probably still has 6 star melee, totaling to 332 points. But that practically leaves no room for ranged stars at all.
---
#8FehKehPosted 5/14/2012 6:49:55 AM
mtpfreak posted...
He's right, a weapon like that has too much going on to even fit into the limits.

A weapon's max value is speculated to be 355 (base 100 + 255), realistically it appears to be 341, and even then it may only be around 333 after one fusion.

Based on this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/faqs/64051

Base weapon value: 100
6 star ranged, value +106
6 star melee, value + 73

That's already 279 value.

Running speed +4, value +26
Overall defense +5, value+ 59
Petrification +4, value unknown, lets assume +44
Melee Combo +4, value +30

That puts you at an estimated 438 value, way higher than possible.
Let's say you have those four modifiers on top of the base value, for 259 points.
You can probably still has 6 star melee, totaling to 332 points. But that practically leaves no room for ranged stars at all.

Looks about right. I'd like to mention that 332 is not a realistic figure in practice either if you're going for a precise fusion. It's just not going to happen.
---
#9mtpfreakPosted 5/14/2012 6:55:42 AM
All too true, 332 is an extremely hard value weapon to fuse, and getting EXACTLY those modifiers will be next to impossible.

This is my realistic fusion goal, and it's still tough.

Beam Claws (base 100)
5.0 Stars Ranged (+90)
4.0 Stars Melee (+50)
Overall defense +5 (+59)
Recovery Effect +4 (+32)
Total: 331

I have a 335 burst blade with Recovery Effect +4, Overall Defense +5 and two other modifiers. With the right somewhat staff, I may be able to use Beam Claws close to that.
A couple of times I've had the chance to fuse something with those two modifiers on it, but also a bunch of others that gives it too few stars.
---
#10RawstyleEevee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:56:50 AM
Also is this correct
I have a weapon with 0 melee that I want to fuse with a 5 star melee
will this result in a + 6 weapon in melee?