Project: Impatient Claws

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Project: Impatient Claws
3 years ago#1
Since Project Eycetracks is complete as soon as some copies are made, I've started work on my next project.

This idea started as I tried to make an item attack +4 weapon. It was certainly fun, I focused on making the FASTEST weapon I could. Quickly finding that it was almost possible to make it to the enemy's opening group in LvD in that small amount of time where no attacks can be made, but you can move as the announcer prepares to say "Go!" before a match.

Then I discovered it was easily possible with a full-health boost modifier alongside running speed +4 Brawler claws on pretty much any stage.

Many players, especially long-distance players like to stay near where they spawned and activate powers. You can get to them, cast interference/virus and black hole. Depending on their weapons.

It got to the point that I realized instead of just pissing these guys off by grouping them together as my stronger teammates arrive to the scene as i go forge for items...

I could have been doing the killing. ME. They are totally helpless, why should i be leaving to go get items to kill them? That's when i made the resolve to create such a weapon.

This, my friends. Is my ideal for this method.

Brawler Claws: Value 197

4 Melee

Full-Health Boost +6
Running Speed +4
Melee Dash Attack +4
Stamina +2

Overall Defense -4

Yes, yes. I realize the utterly crippling negative mod I've sacked myself with. But hear me out. The only no power using weapons which can keep up with me, are brawler claws with the same mods while I don't have the full-health boost. It's improbable for any other melee weapon to ever touch me beyond a black hole.

And range weapons only when I'm taken by absolute suprise, and luck. And even then, by SUPER low value leaves me low risk. Even if i do die, I'd have to die 3 times for it to equal the essential damage of a single 300 value player dying ONCE.

Now, this leaves the weapon pretty bad in FFA. It's not built for juggernauting several other players, but for LvD... in theory it's the perfect Vanguard weapon. Just one longe-range player can take advantage of the havoc created for several kills.

The Dash Attack should be able to OHKO while under full-health boost. It might be a little too high, so I'll look into that. Ideally, i want to only be able to OHKO while under full-health as odds are if i take a hit, I'll die anyway with OD-4.

If anyone knows the bare minimum to do 222 damage on a dash attack, let me know. If i can go even lower, I'll probably switch OD -4 for Health -4.

Thoughts, Concerns, and Suggestions are welcome :)
---
3DS FC: 3308-4781-6052
Kid Icarus: Uprising
3 years ago#2
Overall Defense -4

Hi drazonix
3 years ago#3
Brawler Claws are my favorite! This one is a beast! Congrats!
---
3DS FC: 0645-5857-1121
PSN: AlexxPB
3 years ago#4
I'd go for an In-peril Boost instead of a Full-health Boost, seems to fit the kamikaze playstyle of this thing a lot better (and staying on full health with a melee claw in multiplayer is wishful thinking anyway). Aside from that it might just work. Don't worry too much about the OD -4, my very first Claw (a Pandora) had the same mod and it did very well in LvD and FFA thanks to all the stars and speed boosts and whatever crazy stuff it DID have (and its low value helped as well).
---
Martijn - inofficial pesky Raptor Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes
3 years ago#5
ElNurgling posted...
I'd go for an In-peril Boost instead of a Full-health Boost, seems to fit the kamikaze playstyle of this thing a lot better (and staying on full health with a melee claw in multiplayer is wishful thinking anyway). Aside from that it might just work. Don't worry too much about the OD -4, my very first Claw (a Pandora) had the same mod and it did very well in LvD and FFA thanks to all the stars and speed boosts and whatever crazy stuff it DID have (and its low value helped as well).

Full-health is in effect before the announcer says "Go!" and is easier to work with near the beginning of a match/life. It's MOSTLY in just for the speed boost it gives at the start of a matcj. Not the damage boost, but I do believe i should take advantage of it.

Thanks for your input though.
---
3DS FC: 3308-4781-6052
Kid Icarus: Uprising
3 years ago#6
DunnoBro posted...
ElNurgling posted...
*quoted text*

Full-health is in effect before the announcer says "Go!" and is easier to work with near the beginning of a match/life. It's MOSTLY in just for the speed boost it gives at the start of a matcj. Not the damage boost, but I do believe i should take advantage of it.

Wait, it gives you more speed too?

Cool, did not know that.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
3 years ago#7
ElNurgling posted...

I use claws and always go for melee combo, and I can still win matches without taking damage. The claws I use for this have OD-3, full health+6, speed+3, and evasion+4. The speed boost is incredible, and in peril attack boost wouldn't help much because you'd probably get KO'ed in one or two shots. I think it's a great idea TC has, just be careful around smart opponents.
---
Official Claw Master of the Midnight Knights FC: 0216-0883-7959 PM me if you add me. *insert over-used meme here*
3 years ago#8
Spiritofpower posted...
DunnoBro posted...
ElNurgling posted...
*quoted text*

Wait, it gives you more speed too?

Cool, did not know that.

Yeah, this is news to me.
---
Can't we all agree to disagree?
3 years ago#9
meh the item attack strategy is better imo.

And also -4OD, looool

Drazonix has taught you well.

Any decent weapon will ohko you. good luck.
---
3DS FC:0473-7793-5935, MH3 HR: 294, MK7 VR: 21xxx, Kid Icarus Uprising <3, SM3DL 100%. Nintendo <3.
3 years ago#10
Kostie100 posted...
meh the item attack strategy is better imo.

And also -4OD, looool

Drazonix has taught you well.

Any decent weapon will ohko you. good luck.

You're just begging to start flame wars everywhere you go, aren't you?
---
IF YOU GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3926-6218
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Project: Impatient Claws

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived