Good Tournament/Clan War banlist?

#1SonicRecordsPosted 6/6/2012 7:58:24 PM(edited)
First off, I do know the counters for these. It's just if you don't have the counters on your set you're using, you're dead if the weapons/powers are used.

Second, this banlist will NOT be enforced unless the majority of us agree to it or a modified one.

Third, after the list and in the second post will be why I think these should be banned in planned events. Now to start it.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the powers.

Weapons:
Blades - None
Arms - Taurus
Cannons - Sonic
Clubs - Magnus, Earthmaul
Bows - Angel
Staffs - Laser
Claws - Brawler
Orbitars - Eyetrack
Palms - Viridi

Powers:
COMBO: Aries Armor + Libra Sponge
COMBO: Playing Dead/Transparency + Invisible Shots
Eggplant Attack
Slip Shot
Spite
Tempura Attack
Virus

*DO NOT POST YET*
---
3DS Code: 0087-2786-2085 - MnK*Demise
Midnight Knights Kid Icarus: Uprising branch Co-Leader with Cynthia and Ultima.
#2SonicRecords(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 8:18:43 PM
Reasoning: NOTE: Some I haven't used but have experienced.

Taurus Arm - Every arm has massive melee strength, yes, but the Taurus Arm's are way up there making for a OCKO at 6 Melee Stars and Melee combo +1 (not sure, haven't really used Taurus Arms).

Sonic Cannon - Its continuous fire is OK. Its the charged shots that ban it. Its shots, if they make contact, can hold an enemy and damage them massively and OHKO with 6 Ranged Stars (haven't used this either)

Magnus Club - This needs to go without being said, but its melee and ranged are very powerful OH/CKOing at 4.5 Ranged Stars and 4 Melee Stars.

Earthmaul Club - It has the farthest range with inherent Slip Shot on its standing ch. shot, so combined with Invisible Shots it would be an unstoppable force at 6 Ranged Stars.

Angel Bow - These are an advanced version of the Eyetracks. Banned because of the potential to circle around 3-5 times, resulting in a OHKO at 6 Ranged Stars and Dash ch. shot +4 (haven't used it)

Laser Staff - The only staff to be banned because of its second-longest range and the fact it does not decrease in damage at all. With 6 Ranged Stars, it would OHKO at any range except melee range.

Brawler Claws - These are just banned for the major speed boost they give allowing for quick hit-and-run techniques without any reaction.

Eyetrack Orbitars - Same as the Angel Bow.

Viridi Palm - Its charged shots can rip through enemies like it's nothing, so with high Ranged Stars and some ch. shot mods, it would be deadly, especially with the homing it has.

COMBO: Aries Armor + Libra Sponge - Banned because of the decrease in damage taken while increasing damage dealt at the same time. Individual powers are not banned.

COMBO: Playing Dead/Transparency + Invisible Shots - Equipped with a Bow, Club, or Staff; this would be able to defeat the enemies real easily without them knowing. Individual powers are not banned.
Eggplant Attack - Renders the victim helpless to incoming attacks, though does allow for faster running.

Slip Shot - Combined with Bows, Palms, and Orbitars; this would be devastating because of the massive damage and homing they can have.

Spite - Though you kill yourself as well, uso-ing it to get three free kills is a cowardly way out of a fight. Go down like a man!

Tempura Attack - Renders the victim helplessto incoming attacks and decreases speed.

Virus - Causes paralysis on any enemies in the vicinity, so they will have decreased ability to move and almost no chance to dodge incoming attacks.

So, your thoughts on it? I think this would be accepted by few, but I'm not expecting a lot.
---
3DS Code: 0087-2786-2085 - MnK*Demise
Midnight Knights Kid Icarus: Uprising branch Co-Leader with Cynthia and Ultima.
#3Number43Posted 6/6/2012 8:33:38 PM
SonicRecords posted...
First off, I do know the counters for these. It's just if you don't have the counters on your set you're using, you're dead if the weapons/powers are used.

What if both players are using one of those? Are they both dead?
#4THE_Mid_BossPosted 6/6/2012 8:34:23 PM
Or you could just, you know, not have a ban list for tournaments. I mean seriously, viridi palm is op? Its main gig is great continuous fire, not charge shots (even though it's charge shots are good and pretty to look at)
---
I enjoy Friendship Is magic, yeah, wanna fight about it? *puts on horseshoe moustache*
3ds fc: 4038-6010-5816
#5apolloflameownsPosted 6/6/2012 8:37:15 PM
Hi spitfire
---
red joker:3867-2193-4043(japaneezy) black ace:4640-6968-9201(english)
platinum 2493-0945-8023(for trades only) soul silver 2579-3916-1665
#6CmaBoyPosted 6/6/2012 8:43:26 PM
I don't agree with much on this list, but I respect that you're allowing that as an option. :p

I personally don't think it's weapons or powers so much as specific mod/weapon combinations that push certain weapons farther past their potential than anticipated. Mostly giving weak but practical weapons that extra damaging power so they can OHKO you before you even know they exist.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
"Bow and sword, in accord!"
#7gunswordbladePosted 6/6/2012 8:43:28 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the sonic cannon can OHKO
---
I'm Peng
3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047 (PM me if you add me)
#8spartenAPosted 6/6/2012 8:47:06 PM
sonicrecord dont ban things. look at the ban topic with over 120 messeges and see why people wont agree with any bans.
---
fc: 1118-1133-6576
name in the game is spartenA
#9j3zz_dvPosted 6/6/2012 8:51:38 PM
Not THIS again...
............................................________
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
#10Skyscraper_HatPosted 6/6/2012 8:54:03 PM
Lol, this thread is a troll thread. Same goes for the one made by ZenoExpert.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-7692-4410