I need help fusing the ideal Palutena Bow. (Fusion looping?)

#1PKStarwavePosted 6/8/2012 9:48:43 AM
Hi

I've been playing this game for all this time, and I still haven't learned how to properly fuse. I've sort of gotten lucky with basic fusing, but i've never gone above and beyond that and i wasn't planning too... until today.

I got a Samurai blade with these stats

R: 4.5
Melee: 0
Value: 312

Overall Defense +1
Poison +1
Stamina+1
Dash. Ch. Shot +4
Item Attack +4

------

I can fuse it with Volcano arms to yield high ranged Palutena Bows

Here's my best option:

Volcano Arm

R: 1
M: 0

Overall Defense +3
Shaking +4
Stamina +3
Dash ch shot +4

which yields a Palutena Bow with

R: 6
M:0

Dash. ch shot+4
Poison +1

... here's where my main problem lies in. I can't seem to maneuver Shot range into the mix. I need Shot range, since it works really well on the Palutena Bow, and Dash shot +4 goes without saying. Can anyone help me with this dilemna? I'm not sure what to do from here... Supposedly I need to fusion loop but I don't know how.
---
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#2The_PupPosted 6/8/2012 10:17:53 AM(edited)
1) Isolate the Dash ch. shot+4 and get more stars on the weapon (isolation is first priority, if you lose stars but isolate DChS+4, go for it and gain the stars back later).
2) Make a bunch of weapons with just Shot range+3s with 5-6 stars.
3) Try to make a weapon with DChS+4 and SR+3. Get more stars on it (at least 5-6).
4) Repeat step 2 until you have a weapon which you can fuse into a Palutena Bow.
4a) If step 4's SR+3 weapon doesn't work, try making a similar weapon in step 4 with DChS+4 instead.
4b) Or both SR+3 and DChS+4.

I usually abandom the fusion loop idea for the mass-production approach. I try to avoid actively fusing star blanks (it helps, but it's slow... I do it in the background aside from my main fuses just in case they come in handy). It's more economical (or less frustrating) to use an unplanned fusion chain focused on fusing off mods on other weapons to gain stars while DChS+4 only carries.
#3PKStarwave(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 10:33:26 AM
The_Pup posted...
1) Isolate the Dash ch. shot+4 and get more stars on the weapon (isolation is first priority, if you lose stars but isolate DChS+4, go for it and gain the stars back later).
2) Make a bunch of weapons with just Shot range+3s with 5-6 stars.
3) Try to make a weapon with DChS+4 and SR+3. Get more stars on it (at least 5-6).
4) Repeat step 2 until you have a weapon which you can fuse into a Palutena Bow.
4a) If step 4's SR+3 weapon doesn't work, try making a similar weapon in step 4 with DChS+4 instead.
4b) Or both SR+3 and DChS+4.

I usually abandom the fusion loop idea for the mass-production approach. I try to avoid actively fusing star blanks (it helps, but it's slow... I do it in the background aside from my main fuses just in case they come in handy). It's more economical (or less frustrating) to use an unplanned fusion chain focused on fusing off mods on other weapons to gain stars while DChS+4 only carries.

Thank you, this is just what I needed. So to recap...
1) I should isolate any of my Dash ch. shot mods by fusing them onto any given weapon (ideally the volcano arm right?) and boost up stars along the way?
2) Find all of my SR+3 weapons and isolate / increase their star count?
3) Fuse the DChS+4 weapon and SR+3 (the weapon itself doesn't matter... as long as I can pass on the boost right?)
4)understood

I'm going to work on this, thanks a ton btw. (I've got 593 weapons... yikes)
---
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#4DunnoBroPosted 6/8/2012 11:10:21 AM
Don't bother with Dash, just get forward. You'll be using it 95% of the time anyway.
---
3DS FC: 3308-4781-6052
A Midknighter.
#5PKStarwave(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 11:25:58 AM
Dash is easier to get, doesn't cost that much more than Fw. dash and I use Backward dash shots on my Palutena Bow quite frequently.
---
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#6The_PupPosted 6/8/2012 11:29:51 AM(edited)
Or, super simplified...

1) Create a bunch of weapons with singled out modifiers and stars in one category.
2) Then combine in order to have 2 choice mods on a weapon. Improve stars through selective combination.
3) Repeat 1 and 2 for a variety of weapons with similar mods.
4) Combine similar statted weapons into desired result.

Might turn out a little off due to the weapon group mechanic (though it can be ignored for the most part).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/62873107
- Explaination of the mechanic on the 1st page, with me derping and discounting it.
- Weapon fusion calculator and translation are on the bottom of the 2nd and top of the 3rd.
#7Why_Is_PurplePosted 6/8/2012 3:44:07 PM
Get shot range and shot homing on it; it makes playing with the Palutena Bow a lot better.
---
IF YOU GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3926-6218
#8PKStarwave(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 2:09:39 PM
Ok so I managed to fuse my Palutena Bow! Thanks a ton The_Pup, I really couldn't have done it without your advice.

I landed with a Palutena Bow with these stats

R: 3.5
M: 2
Dash Ch. Shot +4
Shot Range +3
Running speed +2
Stamina +1
OD +1
Shot Homing +1

It's somewhat hypocritical that i'd settle with a Bow that can't OHKO, but i've gotta say i'm thrilled with how this weapon turned out. 2HKOes almost every target in the game(dealing 190 on average), and it strikes from far away too. It's my all time favorite weapon ever Furthermore, i guess i've gotta apologize for being a dick to you The_Pup (you too purple).

Even after I acted like an abrasive ass, you guys took the time to at least post in my thread, which I appreciate. It's cliched, but I somewhat take back what I said about the Phosphora bow. I'm not going to lie, I still don't like it but I can see why others would like it (it's not that hard to make a Phosphora Bow with +4 Dash shot, +3 shot range and give it high stars) and I'd imagine a Ph. bow like that could be more useful at close ranges than even the Palutena Bow.
---
~Shigeru Miyamoto
#9Doug314Posted 6/9/2012 3:19:35 PM
That could still be a lot better. If you just only fused with weapons that only had ranged stars, you could have ended with a weapon that still only had ranged stars, and having a few stars in each category is not all that great.
---
Medusa, Palutena, Isaac, Lip, Ridley, King K. Rool, Starfy, Anna, and Toad for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#10PKStarwave(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 3:55:03 PM
I couldn't be arsed. I tried that, but the Shot Range / Dash shot wouldn't pass. I think I spent a full day trying to fuse it. Regardless i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. If i'm right the Ranged equivalent of 7.5, no?
---
~Shigeru Miyamoto