Project: SurvEYEval Tracks.`

#1DunnoBroPosted 6/19/2012 5:40:11 PM
After a few weeks of using mostly eyetracks to get my kill ratio up, I realized that there is very little fundamental difference between 4 star, and 6 star eyetracks. As well as next to no difference between speedy eyetracks, and slow ones. As you mostly camp in a single spot anyway. Eycetracks/PetrifEYEtracks are the only ones which need one shot to kill, and without homing boost. But it demands a lot of value for not a huge improvement.

Also, the eyetracks are usually the most targeted member of any team. And after testing with just average damaging weapons, but with high defense/health, that just surviving OHKOs consistently is a vital trait. So I've decided to play into the eyetrack's strengths and weaknesses more than just the average: Range +3 homing +3 Dash +4

I'm breaking the mold with this idea:

Eyetrack Orbitars
Value: 297

4 Range

Fwd. Dash Ch. Shot +4
Shot Range +3
Health +6
Shot Defense +2
Speed -4

And yes, I realize there is no shot homing mod. I find myself using the homing power for most of a match anyway. And while it's true longer, drawn out matches will hurt me due to being so power reliant, with a proper team we should be able to take advantage of my glass cannon qualities just fine.

Speed-4 is there because i barely move, and it is the last high value negative mod which doesn't conflict directly with the modifier set. (IPAB will be in effect far longer with all this durability) even when I'm at normal speed, i can rarely escape without warp (which i plan to use)

I'm actually fairly close to finishing this, I have all the mods together except for shot defense +2 on a speed-4 weapon. The others are on a speed-4 and I think i just need to make a few copies to get them to stick together. As well as make copies of all the materials im using so i don't lose them.

Power Set:

Slip Shot: lv.3
Warp. lv. 3
Homing Boost: lv.2
Quick Charge: lv.1
---
3DS FC: 3308-4781-6052
A Midknighter.
#2LooooongPosted 6/19/2012 6:39:48 PM
I'm undecided on how i like those. Your reasoning makes sense for what it sounds like your play style is, but I think without +3 range, you're even more power dependent than the standard SR+3, SH +3, Dash charge +4. And that power set only has level 1 quick charge, which coupled with the speed reduction means you'll be missing out on a lot of kills. If it's on the perfect stage (small ones with lots of walls) you'll do well, but I don't know that you'll do better than you would have with the standard +3, +3, +4.
---
3DS FC: 1375-7974-7778
#3DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 7:05:29 PM
Looooong posted...
I'm undecided on how i like those. Your reasoning makes sense for what it sounds like your play style is, but I think without +3 range, you're even more power dependent than the standard SR+3, SH +3, Dash charge +4. And that power set only has level 1 quick charge, which coupled with the speed reduction means you'll be missing out on a lot of kills. If it's on the perfect stage (small ones with lots of walls) you'll do well, but I don't know that you'll do better than you would have with the standard +3, +3, +4.

You mean without shot homing +3 right? Also, this is for LvD, not FFA. I'm not looking for a lot of random kills, but rather control of the map to help my teammates.
---
A Midknighter.
#4LooooongPosted 6/19/2012 9:19:44 PM
Oops yeah I meant homing +3. And yeah definitely better for LvD as support/avoiding being the angel.
---
3DS FC: 1375-7974-7778
#5DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 6:28:35 AM
I don't really feel like i can do much without slip shot anyway, unless i see my opponent directly. And the eyetrack's inherent homing is enough to get the initial hit... Obviously it won't loop, but with more staying power i just need to be more smart about when to use the powers then to click as soon as i run out...
---
A Midknighter.
#6DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 8:37:15 AM
Lol just when i thought I had gotten them together, i realize i had the wrong negative mod... I can make them right now with in-peril attack boost-4 and only 3 range stars... Sigh, so close. Need to get them to speed-4 now.
---
A Midknighter.
#7DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 1:41:15 PM
Just made a 5 range health +2 version. I found it while randomly testing stuff so i made it to try it out. Works VERY well. My death rate has gone down to 1-2 per match as opposed to 3-5. (after people start targeting me) i can only imagine how much better it'll be when i have health +6...

Tested in FFA because LvD is just as easy as ever.
---
A Midknighter.
#8VansalonPosted 6/22/2012 1:43:44 PM
Pack Sky Jump so you can jump in a pit and restore powers when needed. If you die as little as you think, you'll run out of powers fast.
---
Official Blademaster of Midnight Knights.
Kid Icarus Uprising > Call of Duty
#9DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 1:51:35 PM
Vansalon posted...
Pack Sky Jump so you can jump in a pit and restore powers when needed. If you die as little as you think, you'll run out of powers fast.

Read this so wrong at first lol. But it makes some sense.

Be kinda worthless on stages without pits though :p And against good players, I don't live THAT long. I mainly just wanted to be able to tank a bit for my team.
---
A Midknighter.
#10GAMERCAMRYPosted 6/22/2012 1:52:25 PM
no shot homing? hmm......dunnobro.
---
3ds FC: 1461-6293-8802
The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.