Thinking of getting this game but I have a question regarding the 3DS stand

#1GALBITR0NPosted 10/4/2012 5:30:01 PM
Hi guys,

I have been thinking about buying this game for a bit and I finally decided to go ahead and go for it but I do have a question. How necessary is the 3DS stand that comes with new copies?

The local gamestop has the game in stock used and/or new and I was curious if I should just go ahead and get the used copy to save a few dollars since I have the discount card etc. If it helps at all,I do own a 3DS XL (not even sure if the stand will work or fit the XL or not).

Thanks in advance for your help and comments as I am really looking forward to playing this game.
---
www.e-diots.net We laugh you long time, Sundays!
#2toyota172Posted 10/4/2012 5:31:27 PM
It works with the XL, but I don't think I have used the stand once
---
not changing untill sharks win the Stanley Cup-November 11, 2008
#3IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/4/2012 5:31:34 PM
the stand makes it easier to play since you don't need to hold your 3ds. the XL will work on the stand.
---
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
#4SwagodilePosted 10/4/2012 5:34:51 PM
You don't need the stand if you can hold your 3DS properly.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#5Simple_ProblemPosted 10/4/2012 5:39:26 PM
I say don't worry about the stand. If you find yourself having troubles with the controls, and want to give the stand a try, I'm sure you can work something out. I dunno though, it sure seems that the majority of people don't use the stand at all. I don't, and I have an XL.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6520 - 2175 - AS*Spiff
Shut up and eat your damn lemons.
#6GALBITR0N(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:54:08 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess I was just worried with all of the things I have read saying that the controls are uncomfortable etc.

I would honestly prefer not to use the stand since I normally play my 3DS on my couch and not on a table. I was willing to make an exception but only if the stand was necessary to play the game properly.
---
www.e-diots.net We laugh you long time, Sundays!
#7IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/4/2012 6:01:38 PM
the controls; either you hate it or love it. it seems a lot of people hate it so they bash the game including reviewers.

just be thankful this game's controls control much better than metroid prime hunters for the ds
---
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
#8Primum_MobilePosted 10/4/2012 6:38:11 PM
The stand isn't necessary, but you should buy a new copy anyway.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#9CmaBoyPosted 10/4/2012 6:49:35 PM
GALBITR0N posted...
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess I was just worried with all of the things I have read saying that the controls are uncomfortable etc.

It's mostly blown way out of proportion in reviews for attention, then amplified by trolls.

I think I tried the stand a couple times during the first week of having the game, then never after that. I actually find it more comfortable without. Of course your mileage may vary, but I prefer it more for stuff like watching Netflix.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
"Bow and sword, in accord!"
#10ElNurglingPosted 10/5/2012 2:06:33 AM
GALBITR0N posted...

If you've ever played a DS/3DS game that makes intensive use of the stylus without getting cramps you should have no problems whatsoever getting used to the controls, and they're highly customisable as well.
As a sidenote, lowering the camera rotation speed may save you from getting seasick. ;-)
---
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes