Thinking of getting this game but I have a question regarding the 3DS stand

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Thinking of getting this game but I have a question regarding the 3DS stand
4 years ago#1
Hi guys,

I have been thinking about buying this game for a bit and I finally decided to go ahead and go for it but I do have a question. How necessary is the 3DS stand that comes with new copies?

The local gamestop has the game in stock used and/or new and I was curious if I should just go ahead and get the used copy to save a few dollars since I have the discount card etc. If it helps at all,I do own a 3DS XL (not even sure if the stand will work or fit the XL or not).

Thanks in advance for your help and comments as I am really looking forward to playing this game.
www.e-diots.net We laugh you long time, Sundays!
4 years ago#2
It works with the XL, but I don't think I have used the stand once
not changing untill sharks win the Stanley Cup-November 11, 2008
4 years ago#3
the stand makes it easier to play since you don't need to hold your 3ds. the XL will work on the stand.
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
4 years ago#4
You don't need the stand if you can hold your 3DS properly.
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
4 years ago#5
I say don't worry about the stand. If you find yourself having troubles with the controls, and want to give the stand a try, I'm sure you can work something out. I dunno though, it sure seems that the majority of people don't use the stand at all. I don't, and I have an XL.
3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6520 - 2175 - AS*Spiff
Shut up and eat your damn lemons.
4 years ago#6
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess I was just worried with all of the things I have read saying that the controls are uncomfortable etc.

I would honestly prefer not to use the stand since I normally play my 3DS on my couch and not on a table. I was willing to make an exception but only if the stand was necessary to play the game properly.
www.e-diots.net We laugh you long time, Sundays!
4 years ago#7
the controls; either you hate it or love it. it seems a lot of people hate it so they bash the game including reviewers.

just be thankful this game's controls control much better than metroid prime hunters for the ds
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
4 years ago#8
The stand isn't necessary, but you should buy a new copy anyway.
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
4 years ago#9
GALBITR0N posted...
Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess I was just worried with all of the things I have read saying that the controls are uncomfortable etc.

It's mostly blown way out of proportion in reviews for attention, then amplified by trolls.

I think I tried the stand a couple times during the first week of having the game, then never after that. I actually find it more comfortable without. Of course your mileage may vary, but I prefer it more for stuff like watching Netflix.
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
"Bow and sword, in accord!"
4 years ago#10
GALBITR0N posted...

If you've ever played a DS/3DS game that makes intensive use of the stylus without getting cramps you should have no problems whatsoever getting used to the controls, and they're highly customisable as well.
As a sidenote, lowering the camera rotation speed may save you from getting seasick. ;-)
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Thinking of getting this game but I have a question regarding the 3DS stand

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived