If shot speed was a modifier...

#1darkriot67Posted 12/1/2012 1:49:47 PM
Are there any weapons that you would use it on hands down, positive or negative shot speed? and how might it be viewed competitively?

One thought I have is that a Babel Club DCS would not only stay on field for a loooong time but would practically kill anyone caught in it with minimal strength because the tornado would never leave lol it'd be like Meta-knight's mach tornado FOREVER until you die.
#2darkriot67(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:03:21 PM
^given a negative mod of course.
#3IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/1/2012 2:06:52 PM(edited)
shot speed wouldn't affect things like backward dash charge shots special shots duration ie. shields, pandora's face, etc. it only affects how fast the shots travel. if you were to put the shot speed on a angel bow, those hearts would travel faster than its slow rate.
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#4Aura_SpherePosted 12/1/2012 2:06:58 PM
+max on Flintlock Staff

Hits the nanosecond it leaves the weapon and you can't see it coming until it's too late. Could be usable with Autoreticle.
---
confirming everyones asian stereotypes in saying i have a whole pantry of ramen, ive almost gotten into a car accident twice and stretched eyes ftw bby <3333
#5Blobs_Posted 12/1/2012 2:30:52 PM
On eyetracks if I was a mean person. Also on a ninja palm, so it's ridiculously fast. Also, like aura said, on a Flintlock.

:3
---
The Gelatinous, Squishy, Tasty Blob of the Kid Icarus: Uprising Board.
I am a blob. Please refrain from eating me.
#6Captain_StifuPosted 12/1/2012 2:31:08 PM
That thought crossed my mind. Like a charge speed modifier.
I guess you'd see Eyetracks with positive shot speed mods...
#7darkriot67(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:48:55 PM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
shot speed wouldn't affect things like backward dash charge shots special shots duration ie. shields, pandora's face, etc. it only affects how fast the shots travel.

Well that depends on whether shot range accounts for the distance a shot travels or how long the shot stays up. I believe that since the back dash shots of things like pandora claws get bigger with shot range (if I'm not mistaken) that it accounts for distance. If so then a slowed down shot would still go the full distance but take longer to get there.

Also if duration was the one unchanged factor then a higher shot speed would also mean a higher range, which makes shot range kinda pointless.
#8weare6789Posted 12/1/2012 3:19:24 PM
Definitely on a thanatos staff. It shots are big, plus it has a little homing on it. Use SS and Auto-retical on it and it is deadly. With extra shot speed, it would be unbeatable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/weare6789nospaces
3DS FC: 1075-0742-8614
#9IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/1/2012 8:19:33 PM(edited)
speed =/= range

speed = how fast shots travel
range = how far shots travel
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#10yaomon17Posted 12/1/2012 8:26:53 PM
Doom Cannon with Shot Speed -Max and Shot Range +3
Invisible Shots
Minefield Time!
---
Pudgy Palm: http://youtu.be/MxSc8roD7RY
Sniping Stuff: http://youtu.be/56FwgalMiV8