Is there a competitive metagame?

#21Captain_StifuPosted 12/9/2012 11:07:07 PM(edited)
Primum_Mobile posted...
v100 matches are rare because it's very difficult to get a particular v100 weapon you want.

It just takes time to get a particular one, but you see v100 weapons all the time in the shop and through SpotPass. And you can fuse them together, the value will still be 100. They're rare because people would rather use more powerful weapons. Making your ideal weapon takes much more time.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-8508
#22Primum_MobilePosted 12/9/2012 11:30:46 PM
Captain_Stifu posted...
Primum_Mobile posted...
v100 matches are rare because it's very difficult to get a particular v100 weapon you want.

It just takes time to get a particular one, but you see v100 weapons all the time in the shop and through SpotPass. And you can fuse them together, the value will still be 100. They're rare because people would rather use more powerful weapons. Making your ideal weapon takes much more time.

you clearly have never tried. Or read the fusion mechanic guide. Or tried to collect one of every v100 weapons.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#23DemiseEndPosted 12/10/2012 12:49:05 AM
Gaming_Mastery posted...
yaomon17 posted...
My strategy is always play defensively. Look at every other competitive E-Sport. The team that plays defensively always wins unless the other team gets some sort of insane advantage through stage objectives.

That's why I love Chris G.

Chris G wins by giving himself insane advantage through Chipping so he can kill easier.

Hes not exactly what you call defensive because he has THE most offensive Morrigan in existence. And if you go to youtube theres still enough scrubs that think otherwise while complementing Japanese Morrigan being true Morrigan despite having HALF as much offensive plays as Chris G does
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#24-DunnoBroPosted 12/10/2012 6:59:06 AM
The_Pup posted...
Here's how it is:

1) The game was NOT intended for serious competition.
2) The game was intended for casual competition.
3) It is easy to point out what weapons/powers/combinations are OP and UP.
3.1) And noone agrees if they are.
3.2) Noone agrees if they are allowable.
3.3) Nobody cares.
4) The game is hard to start a tournament for.
4.1) There are no agreeable community standards.
4.2) If there are standards for weapons, it may make it hard for people to join.
4.3) The game is essentially Pay2Win if the standards are set too high.
5) MasterKnight75 kills any discussion about balance and banlists and turns it into a sob story of Claws and Clubs.
6) Even if MasterKnight75 didn't touch a topic... The community is essentially split on what should or should not be banned to encourage competition.
6.1) Elitists argue that nothing should be banned.
6.2) Scrubs argue that everything should be banned.
7) We've stopped caring about competition a long time ago.

Good post, however:

1: Neither was any smash game.
2: So were all smash games.
6.1/.2: A little exaggerated, elitists mostly argue that there's no grounds or defense for banning weapons because we can't do any tournaments. Bans happen AFTER a weapon is PROVEN to be 100% needed to be banned, it's the only efficient way to prevent a slippery slope.
7: Yea...
#25Captain_StifuPosted 12/10/2012 11:25:48 PM
Primum_Mobile posted...
you clearly have never tried.

Indeed, I've been found out.

Primum_Mobile posted...
Or read the fusion mechanic guide.

I have, but whatever.

Primum_Mobile posted...
Or tried to collect one of every v100 weapons.

I have many of them lying around, but I don't use them for this purpose.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-8508
#26ZeusPosted 12/11/2012 4:48:41 PM
I was around when the game was new and it seemed like it was heading in that direction... is there a competitive "scene" for this game, with plenty of strategy/tier/whatever discussion and stuff now? Scanning the first couple of pages of topics I can't really tell for sure.

It can't be competitive because we haven't seen official balancing of things like Aries Armor and guys are too squirrelly to admit that some things may need to be banned. Even Pokemon realized that some things needed bans, yet KIU doesn't which means it's far less competitive.

Otherwise most things vary depending on 1v1, FFA, or LvD. Tiers largely become relevant in 1v1 while playing smaller roles in the other formats.
---
(\/)agic (\/)ush |-|yren