...I hate boss #18 on Boss Battles Hard. (spoilers)

#1Relm_Arrowny_87Posted 1/25/2013 7:15:08 PM
I'm trying to beat Boss Battles Hard, but practically every single time I get to Pit's Body, he kills me easily. Even if I go in with full health.

I know the drill... Keep the camera on him, dodge his attacks, melee combo him, step back, and repeat. And I have beaten him once or twice here, once even while taking very little damage. But, usually, he'll catch me off-guard and land 3-4 strong hits before I can even get back on my feet. Or, he'll break out of my combo with a dodge or a counterattack, and then hit me with his own melees.

I really hate that they put this boss in here, without transferring powers, weapon mods, anything. It's the one boss I consistently have trouble with, and yet there's nothing I can do about it. The last attempt, I had 3 drinks left and only 8 more battles to go, and then I died. It's just annoying.
---
What a fuddy duddy.
#2ReptobismolPosted 1/25/2013 7:18:44 PM
I think one of your problems might be stepping back. When I fight that douchebag, the only approaching I need to do is the initial; once I knock him down, I attack as soon as he gets back up.

Occasionally, yes, he does hit me with an arrow as he stands, but he doesn't get far, and I'm already in mid-swing by that point, so he inevitably is sent onto his ass again.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#3Relm_Arrowny_87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:33:17 PM
Huh... I figured that he would get too many invincibility frames while he was getting up for that to work. Well, it's certainly worth a shot!

Maybe I'll play Ch.18 again to try it. I was kind of starting to miss the dog, anyway. :P
---
What a fuddy duddy.
#4Phantom_NookPosted 1/25/2013 8:03:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Captain_StifuPosted 1/26/2013 4:30:08 AM
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
I know the drill... Keep the camera on him, dodge his attacks, melee combo him, step back, and repeat.

Important: do not try to attack him if the arrow icon does not appear above his head.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-8508