...I hate boss #18 on Boss Battles Hard. (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. ...I hate boss #18 on Boss Battles Hard. (spoilers)

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
3 years ago#1
I'm trying to beat Boss Battles Hard, but practically every single time I get to Pit's Body, he kills me easily. Even if I go in with full health.

I know the drill... Keep the camera on him, dodge his attacks, melee combo him, step back, and repeat. And I have beaten him once or twice here, once even while taking very little damage. But, usually, he'll catch me off-guard and land 3-4 strong hits before I can even get back on my feet. Or, he'll break out of my combo with a dodge or a counterattack, and then hit me with his own melees.

I really hate that they put this boss in here, without transferring powers, weapon mods, anything. It's the one boss I consistently have trouble with, and yet there's nothing I can do about it. The last attempt, I had 3 drinks left and only 8 more battles to go, and then I died. It's just annoying.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
3 years ago#2
I think one of your problems might be stepping back. When I fight that douchebag, the only approaching I need to do is the initial; once I knock him down, I attack as soon as he gets back up.

Occasionally, yes, he does hit me with an arrow as he stands, but he doesn't get far, and I'm already in mid-swing by that point, so he inevitably is sent onto his ass again.
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
3 years ago#3
Huh... I figured that he would get too many invincibility frames while he was getting up for that to work. Well, it's certainly worth a shot!

Maybe I'll play Ch.18 again to try it. I was kind of starting to miss the dog, anyway. :P
What a fuddy duddy.
(message deleted)

User Info: Captain_Stifu

Captain_Stifu
3 years ago#5
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
I know the drill... Keep the camera on him, dodge his attacks, melee combo him, step back, and repeat.

Important: do not try to attack him if the arrow icon does not appear above his head.
3DS FC: 5412-9912-8508
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. ...I hate boss #18 on Boss Battles Hard. (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived