I did it!!! I beat Boss Battles Hard! (Major Spoilers!!!)

#1Relm_Arrowny_87Posted 1/26/2013 6:32:14 AM
Phew! Clear time 26:17.30. I think I used the 5 drinks right before the Kraken, Pit's Body, Hades' Heart, Gaol+Magnus, and the GST. (Yes, before *and* after Hades' Heart, but... Well, at least I had enough drinks to cover it.) And, I finished with only 1 HP left.

Like I said in my other topic, I used Artillery Claws. Ranged:5/OD+6/SCF+4/Eva+2, along with other, less useful mods.

Powers: Autoreticle Lv.3 (used on Arlon, Phosphora, and Pseudo-Palutena), Super Armor Lv.3 (used against Chariot Master, Pseudo-Palutena, and the GST), Health Recovery Lv.4 (always used outside of battle), Crisis Recovery Lv.2 (saved for the GST), and Effect Recovery Lv.2 (Phosphora and the GST).

...Sorry if I'm gloating, but I'm just soooo freaking happy right now.
---
What a fuddy duddy.
#2icicleyoshi101Posted 1/26/2013 8:35:21 AM
thats cool dude, I remember beating bb hard my 1st time, good times. congrats
---
3ds fc:4914-2882-9812 in game name: IceYoshi
#3Carbuncle009Posted 1/26/2013 9:09:37 AM
I used a Scorpio Staff, but I got tired of the cheap shots that kept happening, so I just used a feather to get the achievement and come back to it later.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 6 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#4Relm_Arrowny_87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:39:20 AM
icicleyoshi101 posted...
thats cool dude, I remember beating bb hard my 1st time, good times. congrats

Thanks, but you know I'm not a dude, right? Or do you call everyone dude? (lol)

Carbuncle009 posted...
I used a Scorpio Staff, but I got tired of the cheap shots that kept happening, so I just used a feather to get the achievement and come back to it later.

Yeah, that's why I liked the Artilleries I used. With SCF and Evasion mods, you don't have to worry about dash attacks, stamina, and such. So, you can put all of your focus into dodging each attack.

Each boss has a distinctive pattern, or at least telegraphs each of their attacks. Or both. With decent speed and evasion mods, I think it's possible to dodge every single attack the bosses throw at you. Superhuman, but not impossible.

...Oh, except for one. I think Pseudo-Palutena's blinding red light actually hurts you, not that it does much damage. What a weird attack...
---
What a fuddy duddy.
#5nintendofan100Posted 1/26/2013 10:35:27 AM
Just face away to avoid that, I mean, turn the CAMERA around (not just pit) so she isn't on screen at that moment.

Does that attack really actually hurt you?

I used artillery claws to win this as well if anyone cares.
---
Confirming something IS different than having an opinion!
#6Relm_Arrowny_87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:44:09 AM
nintendofan100 posted...
Just face away to avoid that, I mean, turn the CAMERA around (not just pit) so she isn't on screen at that moment.

Does that attack really actually hurt you?

I used artillery claws to win this as well if anyone cares.

Wow, didn't know about the camera thing... I never, ever looked away from a boss on purpose. Seems kind of suicidal. :P

Palutena's light doesn't hurt you, but I think Pseudo-Palutena's red light does, just a little. I'm pretty sure it saps tiny amounts, like a poison effect. I might have just gotten hit with another bullet, though, so it's hard to be totally certain.
---
What a fuddy duddy.