Anyone ever been muched on or shot by a golden Guttler?

#1ReptobismolPosted 1/29/2013 6:45:06 PM
I'm just curious, because I don't believe I've been damaged once by one of these things, at any point; given how (IIRC) at least twice an NPC will hound you to kill it quickly, before it can eat any enemies, I think they were intended to be one of the nastier enemies in the game. Somewhere along the line they failed at this.

So, yeah, I was wondering if those things have some impressive stats once they've fully bulked up. I know they can at least take quite a beating.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#2Rubix91Posted 1/29/2013 6:47:36 PM
They can shoot?
#3The_PupPosted 1/29/2013 7:01:02 PM
The hell's a guttler?
#4Primum_MobilePosted 1/29/2013 7:02:35 PM
the thing that eats other underworld army and become stronger. I think I got eaten once, and died. I stay as far away from it as possible from then on.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#5The_PupPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:14 PM
I was confusing them with that FoN enemy that gets angry if you shoot it.

I think I was killed by one once. By nibbling (during one of the medusa chapters... might be the Phoenix one). Aside from that, I nuke them as quickly as other enemies before they even get the chance to grow.

However, like any of the "trouble enemies" the biggest problem is that they're placed in situations where they're harmless. Easy to skip/fight.
#6EscheriaPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:50 AM
I've got eaten by them pretty often in chapter 19, when I did the club challenge. For a long while I knew I could make that challenge already but I always ended up being eaten there. When I managed to avoid that, the challenge was complete :3
#7Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:27:13 AM
All righty, so I guess they are actually pretty strong.

And yep, they can shoot. It shoots the three balls that sit in the little geyser on its head. I've seen this a few times, but otherwise almost never.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.