I wish it were Leon

#1zero_x300Posted 6/18/2010 9:24:13 PM
Chris just seems too...bulky for this kind of thing. While Leon did some crazy Matrix ****in 4, he still seemed like a better character. Why do they want to use Chris when he was just in RE5? :( QQ
#2YukitoRamboPosted 6/18/2010 9:44:05 PM
Too late. I don't think they can put him in without letting him do some kind of backflip and other acrobatic endeavors. Besides, seems like Chris being the star is already set in stone for this game.

And if horror is something they want to give us again(given the mood from the screenshots), seeing him doing backflips and putting out one liners won't make it work.

Just look at Chris in RE5:

1. He hardly talks smack. He said some sarcasm at the beginning of the game before he had any idea what he's getting into. As for the rest of the game, he only talk smack towards Wesker, which is a matter of course since their bitter enemies.

2. LOOK AT HIS BODY, and then look at his actions and attitude! He's built like he came straight out of Gears of War, and yet everytime some new boss creature appears, he'd look visibly terrified. I believe there are at least two counts of him saying "What the hell is that!?!?!?!?!" in the game, while in the rest, he'd just look at the things with his mouth slightly open, being so terrified that he literally goes out of words before finally snapping back to keeping himself alive.

So for those who wants horror back, including me, it would help GREATLY if the main character doesn't try too hard, risk himself doing acrobats in the middle of a very dangerous situation, or talks smack like the Last Action Hero("YOU'RE. SMALL TIME!"). Not that I'm saying RE series are worth taken so seriously, but you can't empathize with the character when he looks like even HE is having fun. That fun part is supposed to be for US GAMERS.

---
"I tell ya what... Go in the stall, say five Hail Marys, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even!"
#3GrowshroomPosted 6/18/2010 10:07:52 PM
What, you want it to be a complete redux of Resident Evil: Gaiden?

I'll take Leon, but only if we get Barry.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#4zero_x300(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 10:39:21 PM

What, you want it to be a complete redux of Resident Evil: Gaiden?

I'll take Leon, but only if we get Barry.

Yes, maybe. Gameboy graphics and all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXW7E8Mq16o
#5LeonSK357Posted 6/18/2010 11:08:41 PM
he'd just look at the things with his mouth slightly open, being so terrified that he literally goes out of words before finally snapping back to keeping himself alive.

I think you're just misreading Chris spacing out while thinking about working out.

Lemme tell you. That Haymaker looks, sounds, and feels like a bad-ass hero dominating his enemy. Not really getting the "I almost pooped out of fear and I need to channel Rocky's spirit to save myself" vibe. But that's just me.
---
Hey Dante! You wanna buy yourself? *holds up Dante figurine*
Me: No thanks! I play with myself enough as it is! --- Ohayocon 2010, cosplaying Dante.
#6YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/18/2010 11:32:31 PM
Hell I wish it was BILLY COEN!

Ever since Shinji Mikami left, all RE's been about with main characters is Chris Redfield this and Chris Redfield that.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#7YukitoRamboPosted 6/19/2010 12:32:13 AM
To LeonSK357:

HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WOOOOOHOOOOO HOOOOO! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

...You're telling me that Leon backflipping to every slash attempts as if he's aiming for gold medal is any better? For God's sake, he tried to show off a fancy-looking reverse thrust kick to a Village Chief possible twice his height!

At least in the cutscenes, Chris doesn't look like he's showing off all the time. He's got some humility that Leon lacks. Then again, there's the boulder punching, but am I the only one thinking that he didn't really SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING USING HIS PUNCH TO ACTUALLY MOVE THE BOULDER, but rather it was just a moment of an unspoken frustration?

Before I played RE5, I've been reading stuff about Chris supposedly punching a boulder. Even I was like "LOLWUT?" at the time. What I imagined when I first read it was that Chris charged his power until it glows or something, and then he throw his punch at a boulder with flames in the trails and the boulder was smashed into thousand bits, a la Sanosuke Sagara.

Then I saw the boulder-punching in the actual game, and the way it looks to me, the punch was more like him being like, "GODDAMMIT MOVE! OR SHEVA'S GONNA GET ******!!!" frustrated.

Either that message just didn't reach some people, or those laughing at the punching scene are actually sufferers of Asperger's Syndrome.

And that Haymaker? If I remember correctly, he swings his hand a bit after every Haymaker as if he's hurt from it. Seems to me he's not all muscles and Space Marine steel.

---
"I tell ya what... Go in the stall, say five Hail Marys, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even!"
#8LeonSK357Posted 6/19/2010 2:03:26 AM
I'm.... Sorry...... Did I miss it or did my post say nothing about Leon, claiming he was better/worse.

And there's different ways to handle a situation. If you wanna take the realist route, Chris kinda fits. If you wanna be a smart-ass, Leon's your guy. Personally I'm a smart-ass myself, but I have some realist in me as well. But that's somewhat irrelevant.

As far as the boulder goes, I have some imagination. If I were to put myself in Chris' shoes, I would've probably done the exact same thing. The boulder is what stands between me and my partner who is in danger. I will MOVE the boulder. One way or another. That said, it's still funny as hell to see.

And yeah, he shakes his hand.... And? If he really is as shocked as you make him out to be, would he really take the time to line up THAT punch exactly? Push instead... If you're scared, push makes more sense. Maybe a quick hook to get some people off you. But FALCOOOOOON.... PUNCH!!.... Not really the choice if you're in a tight situation.

Here's another line that you're gonna hate me for. I prefer Leon's melee option, that being kicks. Why? Well, for starters, my legs are... Y'know... Longer than my arms... And there's a lot more muscle, and therefore a lot more mass. If I wanted to put some distance between myself and someone, kick 'em away. That way I don't have to magically make my gun disappear only so I can actually execute a strong and effective punch, only to make it reappear afterward.

One thing I will partially give you, the thrust kick was stupid on Leon's part. But let's switch the positions. Chris and Irving. Chris just chills and watches as Irving pulls out a virus and injects himself after a nice monologue. Would you take action in that situation or would you just watch as your harmless enemy holds a virus in his hand for far too long, let him transform into a huge monster that can eat you in one bite, only to kill it and have it make fun of you for a few more seconds.

Sure, Leon did the same thing with Salazar, but that's not the point. If they actually DID go with the logical way, put 'em down before they can swallow you whole, it wouldn't be much of a game, would it.
---
Hey Dante! You wanna buy yourself? *holds up Dante figurine*
Me: No thanks! I play with myself enough as it is! --- Ohayocon 2010, cosplaying Dante.
#9edward18Posted 6/19/2010 11:47:50 AM
Leon in 4 is one of the worst characters I've ever seen for a game that's SUPPOSED to be a horror game.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#10GrowshroomPosted 6/19/2010 11:49:50 AM
It seems the board response to Leon in RE3DS is:

NO THANKS, BRO
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more