Worst Dialog in the Series?

#1IndianaPwns39Posted 6/25/2010 12:55:36 AM

Alright alright, we all know Barry's absolutely terrible sayings from Resident Evil 1 but let's face it: This game is full of terrible writing. Cliched, predictable, and just plan bad. But don't kid yourselves: it's part of the fun.

So, throughout the entire series (I've played virtually every incarnation of Resident Evil, including Gaiden) what is your personally favorite, unintentionally funny line?

Mine goes to the conversation between Chris and Jill in Resident Evil 5, immediately following Jill's rescue.

Jill gives a dramatic speech about Wesker's plan, and how she's weak and incapable, and then tells Chris "You're the only one who can stop him and save the world."

Chris' reply is "Well yeah, but..."

It gets me every time.

#2edward18Posted 6/25/2010 1:34:02 AM
Anything Leon says in 4 makes me wanna tear my ears out pretty much
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#3Majora006Posted 6/25/2010 2:05:59 AM
Leon in RE4 was so bad*** and funny
#4IndianaPwns39(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 2:09:10 AM

edward18 posted...
Anything Leon says in 4 makes me wanna tear my ears out pretty much
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board

"PSH, after this there will just be one less monster to deal with."

#5RayHorakPosted 6/25/2010 2:24:53 AM
RE5 was so bad it's not even unintentionally funny anymore, whereas in 4 it at least it didn't try to take itself to seriously with Leons lines and therefore was able to be somewhat funny.
#6edward18Posted 6/25/2010 2:43:40 AM
to me Leon was so bad he was just bad. I take 5's script anyday over 4's
---
#7zero_x300Posted 6/25/2010 3:19:00 AM
Leon was so much better than Chris.

Just compare their inventories.

Yeah, Leon's better.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXW7E8Mq16o
#8edward18Posted 6/25/2010 3:29:09 AM
The inventory was one of the main things I hated about 4. NO inventory in RE should EVER be allowed to become that expansive. At least with 5 they gave the illusion that you had a limited inventory.
---
#9zero_x300Posted 6/25/2010 4:02:00 AM

The inventory was one of the main things I hated about 4. NO inventory in RE should EVER be allowed to become that expansive. At least with 5 they gave the illusion that you had a limited inventory.

Single player in 5 was a pain. In co-op you would have enough ammo to last you both throughout the game, but on single player, the AI would either take up enough ammo for three people, or if you didn't give her any, she would be useless or get herself killed with the stun rod. You shouldn't have to worry about inventory juggling in tight situations such as boss fights, it's just bad design. And don't even think about putting a green herb in her inventory, because she'll just waste that ****.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXW7E8Mq16o
#10edward18Posted 6/25/2010 4:06:24 AM
still, better than the crap 4 gave us to me.
---