re: revelations storyline

#1gamerVID0Posted 7/3/2010 4:49:33 PM

does anyone know if this game will take place before or after re5? if it takes place after then im assuming some sort of conflict must have happened between jill and chrsi and chris appearance looks much different than in re5.

anyone have some thoughts on this?

#2darthyoda11Posted 7/3/2010 5:23:41 PM
gamerVID0 posted...

does anyone know if this game will take place before or after re5? if it takes place after then im assuming some sort of conflict must have happened between jill and chrsi and chris appearance looks much different than in re5.

anyone have some thoughts on this?

No official details have been released.

One can only speculate that Chris and Jill were sent to this unnamed ship to confront a BOW, but it turns out that there is something much different than they anticipated. Chris seems to have been cloned, or something/someone has disguised himself as Chris to perhaps frame him.
#3Sombrero_ShadowPosted 7/3/2010 5:44:27 PM
Whenever it takes place before or after is up in the air. There are supporting facts for both right now but nothing set in concrete.

And just because it has zombies doesn't mean it's before, that's like saying Degeneration took place before 4 just because it had zombies in it and Leon and Claire. But it could be before Lost in Nightmares, it could be after, though a widely believed thing is it might be involved with Alex Wesker, who's mentioned in the Lost in Nightmares files.
---
Only if you pay me.
#4gamerVID0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 5:55:51 PM
^ so assuming this is the case, does this most likely mean this would take place before the mission chris had with sheva? chris does look smaller and jill no longer has blonde hair but at the same time, the cloning thing and the whole jill chris trust seems likely would happen after re5. guess jill made her hair back to normal?
#5gamerVID0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 5:58:18 PM
i guess this could take place after but looking at the appearance of both jill and chris makes me wonder since they look different from re5 but anythings possible
#6Sombrero_ShadowPosted 7/3/2010 6:05:11 PM
^There are two possible explanations, one is Jill's hair could of turned back or dyed it back, and Chris could of stopped working out now that Wesker was finally dead. Or a more realistic answer is they could of done those things to please the fans who complain why Jill is blond and Chris is too buff, but all the same it could be before or after, what we do know is:

-The game takes place on a ship, it may not take place the whole time on a ship, but one of the locations is a cruise ship
-Zombies are in the game along with some tentacle monster but NOT Uroboros, it looks aquatic
-Chris, Jill, and HUNK are in this.
-Chris and Jill are at ends with each other
-Someone seems to be impersonating Chris, whenever a BOW or human unsure
-There is something on the ship that matters and might be deadly
---
Only if you pay me.
#7ZeroX2010Posted 7/3/2010 6:20:59 PM
-The game takes place on a ship, it may not take place the whole time on a ship, but one of the locations is a cruise ship
-Zombies are in the game along with some tentacle monster but NOT Uroboros, it looks aquatic
-Chris, Jill, and HUNK are in this.
-Chris and Jill are at ends with each other
-Someone seems to be impersonating Chris, whenever a BOW or human unsure
-There is something on the ship that matters and might be deadly

This makes me think that Revelations is the second coming of Gaiden. A BOW impersonating a protagonist sounds a lot like what happened to Leon in that retconned game.

---
It's a giant mushroom...MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY! - Sokka
#8Sombrero_ShadowPosted 7/3/2010 6:29:00 PM
^I and many others have thought about that too, since we know it's on a ship and we got someone impersonating someone, but it could be coincidence, maybe it's intended, maybe it is a Gaiden sequel or in the spirit of the themes of Gaiden, but we aren't sure yet.

The possibilities at this point that seem likely:
-This is a sequel to RE5
This is a prequel to RE5
-This is a sequel to Gaiden
-This jumps around the timeline

However, with the name Revelations I believe it will be after RE5, since they say the series is taking a new direction and this game could reveal some new revelations for the series and it's new direction coming up for RE6.
---
Only if you pay me.