Resident Evil 3.5 In-depth Analysis

#11TeamRivalPosted 7/4/2010 7:19:14 PM
I honestly am a little disappointed that this version didn't ever come to be. It seems very atmospheric, especially when you add the part that Leon is seeing things, which can make you question what is real or not.

Nonetheless, RE4 is still an awesome game regardless of how it began.
---
Shenmuecampaign.org
PLEASE JOIN THE SHENMUE REVOLUTION! GT in sig
#12Wiiplayer111Posted 7/4/2010 9:12:48 PM
RE4 wasn't good, neither was 5 and if you say it is Capcom will keeping dishing out 4s and 5s.

Also, it doesn't really matter who was in control of the project, Capcom as a whole screwed up big time.
---
"We are talking about S-E-X in front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N."
"Sex Cauldron!?! I thought they closed that place down!"
#13katarokinimotoPosted 7/4/2010 11:00:04 PM
"Shinji said RE4 beta was too scary, thats why he cancelled it."

What he meant to say was that his priorities changes from making a successful resident evil game to making game to cover for another game he botched so he could have his studio head position back. The result was tying in some shooter elements to draw in the large FPS crowd and taking away the navigational challenges of the previous games.
---
you want S.T.A.R.S.? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoLoxMIgRGQ&feature=channel_page
#14Sombrero_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2010 11:27:23 PM
^I hate shooters and loved Resident Evil 4.
---
Only if you pay me.
#15edward18Posted 7/5/2010 12:03:56 AM
congrats?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#16Sombrero_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 12:35:26 AM
Yes, I won enjoyment. 8D

But for what RE4 is I appreciate it, I think more people dislike RE4 for what direction it brings the series into more than the game itself honestly. Like it or not change was needed for the series to live, but now they are going to go through another change soon enough that should determine what direction the series is headed in now.
---
Only if you pay me.
#17edward18Posted 7/5/2010 12:42:37 AM
....and the other option was to have RE end with 4 according to Shinji, something that would be much more preferable to what did happen and what would follow.

And no one hates RE4 as a video game game, people hate it as a Resident Evil game. A series should never change its genre or formula.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#18TokioRosePosted 7/5/2010 9:50:30 AM
You all do know the whole fixed camera thing you people are such fanboys of,
was done only because of graphic limitations right? And people were crying how
RE was stale and never change. Then it did, and you all come back crying about that.

---
"clothed alien/human characters may prop a partner on a space console or unzip their future-blouse"
-------ESRB on Mass Effect 2-------
#19edward18Posted 7/6/2010 2:45:39 AM
I never cried about it for not changing. I, as well as many others, wanted it to stay the same. Even if they changed the camera, they didn't need to change the formula and everything.
---
#20GoldsicklePosted 7/6/2010 5:24:42 AM

You all do know the whole fixed camera thing you people are such fanboys of,
was done only because of graphic limitations right?

Not only I know about it but I pointed out many times in previous discussions.