Who else would be extremely dissapointed if RE6 were a reboot?

#1o___OkamiPosted 9/12/2010 7:54:22 AM
Not a gameplay reboot, a complete storyline reboot.

Often I feel it better for the franchize, a la Castlevania and Lufia, but RE has such a deep story it would be very dissapointing. True, it has it's holes, but they're minor and can be ironed out through REmakes.

I just think they need to get creative and think up a way for zombies to return, release more remakes or complete retellings of the stories for those new to the series (the Chronicles didn't cut it), maybe even with updated gameplay if you know what I mean.
---
"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share." - Ned Dolan; Rin Aoki
#2edward18Posted 9/12/2010 8:53:00 AM
you mean a gameplay and not a reboot.

And I'd be ****ed off. There's still too much left to answer.

And if it's called RE6 it wouldn't be a remake.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#3daniel1232323Posted 9/12/2010 9:27:30 AM
yeah i thought it was going to be like that. but you know, it makes sense for a reboot, since the las plagas is pretty much dead now.
#4edward18Posted 9/12/2010 10:28:56 AM
what are you talking about? None of the viral agents are dead and The Organization's still out there.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#5snake_dante44Posted 9/12/2010 10:48:38 AM
maybe they'll reboot the gameplay but not the storyline, cuz the storyline is not finished yet. There's still some missing plot of the story that need to be filled in. Like what happened with Steve after his body taken by Wesker, who Ada working with after Wesker is dead, who exacly Hunk is, and many more (i can't remember them all).
#6YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 9/12/2010 3:38:49 PM
RE has such a deep story

HUH? WHAT!?

RE has such a DEEP STORY, what is this? A joke? You are kidding me right?

Everyone knows RE series has a pretty piss poor story thats made up at the last minute. RE1- Code Veronica didnt have much of a story, RE4 and 5 started having decent story but DEEP STORY!?

This isnt Metal Gear Solid, this is Resident EVIL! Famous for gameplay, NOT famous for crappy story.

Has anyone noticed Jun forgot the trademarked, escape from the last area before it blows up idea?

RE5 lacked what RE has at the end of every game, a TIMER before such and such is blown up to high hell and that Tanker didnt blow up.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#7YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 9/12/2010 3:39:39 PM
I liked RE5 BTW.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#8daniel1232323Posted 9/13/2010 2:17:48 PM
i dunno, I would say that resident evil has a pretty detailed story line. from the events of raccoon city, to the code veronica game, to re4 and re5. not to mention that umbrella chronicles fills in a LOT more to the story with great detail.
#9sophapPosted 9/13/2010 5:48:53 PM

the game doesn't need a reboot, but add back zombies we all have in mind. ugly, rotting, also crimson head. it put alot of strategy ammo conserving etc.

but they definitely need to remake re2, re3 nemesis, code veronica, outbreak, dead aim with at least re remake graphics. i won't mind re remake gameplay as well, since its the old schools gameplay, put more strategy into the game as well since our camera view is fix, u also have less ammo, etc.

darkside chronicles for the wii was a relief seeing my favorite scenes from re2 with updated graphics. only if they remake all the re series instead of making sequels, it'll be easier on them since they already have stories, puzzles etc, just change the graphics to like re remake graphics(still one of the best re in the series, enjoyed it more then re4,re5 story, creepiness wise.)

also outbreak should have a sequel or remake, it was fun, you at least got walk n shoot, melee weapons, plus 4 players online up til the server was gone. also when pausing the game is still going, makes it real so u can still be attack when paused or looking at your inventory, items etc.

#10VaultTecBoy1986Posted 9/14/2010 5:00:35 AM
pretty piss poor story thats made up at the last minute

Whilst I agree that the story isn't brilliant, and simply took a variety of other ideas, combined them to create something new, I don't see how it's "piss poor". If you thought the games' story was "piss poor", did you per chance see the Resident Evil movies?

The game has so many intertwining stories, they could not have been made up in the last minute and I've found them all really interesting. I'm a big fan of the George Trevor diaries, as one particular example. I'm not sure how well you've looked into the background of Resident Evil but I think they've done a pretty good job.

What Capcom sometimes has failed to do with Resident Evil games (and indeed with Resident Evil 5) is present the overall story very well within its own cutscenes. Instead, to get a complete picture, you have to read through notes, memos, files and if you skip over them, I can understand your view point. To be honest, once you've read the notes etc, you'll probably be more appreciative of the overall story and those slightly less important sub-stories.

In my opinion, I actually prefer the Resident Evil series over MGS (in both story and gameplay).

---
a Very Turbulent Brit!