Who else would be extremely dissapointed if RE6 were a reboot?

#21edward18Posted 9/15/2010 9:51:03 AM
So, out of interest, what consoles have you had?

The systems I have are:

Sega Genesis
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Playstation
Playstation 2
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
DS
NES
SNES

So, are you saying it remains "crappy" after reading all the notes? I'll take it as a yes.

Yeah, it just makes it mysterious is all.

Any reason for that, edward18? Did you like the Jawbreaker line of sweets as a kid?

Ed, Edd, n Eddy was my favorite cartoon as a kid.

I take it you're at college/university for the earlier part of the day? What's your occupation?

Nope. Other than that I'm at home. We just moved and are having to live in my uncle's attic since we can't afford a house.

If you're also referring to Collector's Editions, I feel Fallout 3 CE and Assassin's Creed 2 CE are certainly deserving of the claim.

Never played either of them. I would play Kingdom Hearts 2 and wish its special edition was in America, but Kingdom Hearts, either game, has always been too hard for me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#22Oldskool_RulezPosted 9/16/2010 7:38:19 AM
If RE6 is released before Revelations and Damnation, by all means, it should not be a reboot. Jun Takeuchi said it was going to be a reboot, and anywhere from 6-8 years. Now he has nothing to do with the sequel, and Capcom wants it out as soon as possible. Like I said in my topic I just made, Capcom doesn't need two of their series to be rebooted in the same year, at least IMO.
---
My new Resident Evil prediction: HUNK is Alex Wesker, who's also a clone of Chris Redfield.
#23tomarlynPosted 9/16/2010 11:56:39 AM
The series needs to completely start over and go back to zombies, Resi 5 didn't take it in any meaningful direction.
#24terrareusPosted 9/17/2010 6:28:27 AM
RE's story is semi-deep, it's not the best story in the world but I do enjoy it a lot. But I wouldn't mind a reboot. RE4 was my favorite in terms of gameplay and scenery and all that... but the storyline after RE 3 has gone seriously downhill. RE5 was so disappointing that it really made me stop playing the series anyway. So an awesome reboot would be good.
#25nickzambutoPosted 9/17/2010 8:08:27 AM

yeah there are to many un answered questions. what happened to sherry? what happened to steve? who is this alex wesker? who was ada working for? what did she do with the sample? WE NEEd ANSWERS CAPCOM!!!!

#26edward18Posted 9/17/2010 9:13:32 AM
Ada gave the sample to The Organization which is who she works for.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#27DarkGam3rPosted 9/17/2010 4:56:54 PM
"The series needs to completely start over and go back to zombies, Resi 5 didn't take it in any meaningful direction."
I disagree. The story is just fine. But it would be nice if the regular T-Virus human-like zombies came back and more of a survival element, by looking for weapons and ammo when you're JUST about to run out. But this is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." situations. Capcom made the story as it is. If they changed it, they may have to make EVEN MORE spin offs of RE to keep the fans satisfied. No game developers want many, many spin offs from the normal story. Once the story it starts, it will have to end eventually.