so all that hype for nothing...

#11Henk_mPosted 9/21/2010 12:49:23 AM
yeah but thought more of like Jill Chris episode in Umbrella Chronicle and Leon's Javier missions in Darkside Chronicle.

Especially Javier mission liked the south american setting and it had a creepy somewhat classical Zombie damned village setting I liked.

So I wonder if Kawata now would get free hands to make a RE title NOT on rails I wonder how it would be?

Now as nethier Jin or Mikami who moved elswhere and is not doing next one.
---
When there is no more room in Hell the Trolls starts flooding the forums
#12SybbysPosted 9/21/2010 9:47:58 AM
Most probably Kawata. He's the one with the most experience. Or Minoru Nakai, as he was the director or both Deadly Silence and RE4 Wii edition.

But about Revelations... the fact that Capcom doesn't plan to release it with the 3DS launch sounds very promising. No rushed cash in.
#13edward18Posted 9/21/2010 10:45:15 AM
how'd the Chronicles games retcon anything?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#14SybbysPosted 9/21/2010 11:32:43 AM
how'd the Chronicles games retcon anything?

People mainly think about the different scenarios in RE2 and how Darkside Chronicles mix them up a bit.

But since Umbrella and Darkside are made after the originals, they should be considered canon.
#15Henk_mPosted 9/21/2010 1:30:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16Henk_mPosted 9/21/2010 1:33:06 PM
Yeah did not like how they left out some things of retcon eps but I also know one cant fit in an entire series of 5-6 games in one.

Played UC and DS chronicles mainly for the new episodes.

Loved the Leon and Krauser scenario in Javier's mission as said I just wish I have not played Krauser's special mission though :/

SPOILERS!
I mean when play Javiers mission and Leon and Krauser first meet he actually seems like a pretty nice guy who slowly becomes corrupted and wants power.

But if one play Krauser's special mission and hear his own thoughts Krauser was pretty much rotten to begin with.

I will disregard that mission in my own head and think of Krauser of a good guy who turned bad as Leon orginally stated in RE4.

But yeah especially liked Javier's mission and Manuela migh join Sherry birkin in a future game perhaps now when both seems to be infected one with G the other with V that might be used for something in future title hopefully.

So yeah liked what Kawata created there atleast so I guess he could be a possible creator of next title as said in previous post by me and others.
---
When there is no more room in Hell the Trolls starts flooding the forums
#17edward18Posted 9/21/2010 1:41:20 PM
The Chronicles games didn't retcon anything. All the past games that are summarized in the Chronicles games are summaries being told by either Wesker or Leon. They don't actually happen. The actual games do. The only stuff that does happen in the Chronicles games are the things that we haven't seen prior to them.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board