RE6 mentioned at TGS 2010...

#1Oldskool_RulezPosted 9/20/2010 9:12:37 AM
... though it may not be what we all wanted to hear.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/resident_evil_creator_staying_clear_of_resi_6.html

Jun Takeuchi and Shinji Mikami aren't going to be working on it. So, if Capcom wants it out ASAP, who will make the next chapter? I'll admit, I was hoping Shinji would return for RE6, but now... I wouldn't even mind if Jun came back, RE5 wasn't THAT bad.
---
My new Resident Evil prediction: HUNK is Alex Wesker, who's also a clone of Chris Redfield.
#2edward18Posted 9/20/2010 9:48:54 AM
if Shinji ever does come back, he just better have his head screwed on straight. I doubt the fanbase can take another RE4 happening to it.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#3Chilly82Posted 9/20/2010 12:41:27 PM
Edward please, it ok to express your own opinion. If you disliked RE4 that is fine, and you can say it. But don't put your words into everyone elses mouth by saying fanbase, as if RE4 wasn't insanely popular and considered a great game by most fans.
#4gamerVID0Posted 9/20/2010 12:51:33 PM
what worries me most is that they will ruin this series for good if they end up letting some western developer make re6 which capcom seems to be doing with some of their ip's which is why they suck now. they better not do that to street fighter an heres hoping they dont do that do resident evil.

the japanese creators are the best for their own work an why do many talk down on re5? i thought it was a great game, just needed more scare elements an would be fine.
#5edward18Posted 9/20/2010 12:53:48 PM
do not go to the Other M boards and say that the Japanese need to stay in charge of their own work. At least if you like living on the internet.

Anyhow, I wasn't talking about how I dislike 4. I was talking about doing the 4 that change did, accept changing it that drastically again with how much newer fans have been brought in alongside the older fans (a few of which are still pretty mad about what's happened to the series so far).
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6Alky88Posted 9/20/2010 1:37:23 PM
With that attitude he better stay away from the series lol. We already have one guy at Capcom trying to ruin the franchise forever, don't need another.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#7Orochi_OniPosted 9/20/2010 2:53:46 PM
Why is Mikami having nothing to do with Resident Evil 6 news? He's been freelance for years. The final build of Resident Evil 5 wasn't even what he had envisioned.
---
Classic television theme: Minder - I Could Be So Good For You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NYnh74bOs
Arthur Daley rules! :D
#8YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 9/20/2010 4:41:28 PM
TC, why do you ASSUME that Shinji Mikami was gonna be behind RE6?

HE WASNT EVEN BEHIND RE5, HE LEFT CAPCOM BACK IN 2005!
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
#9gamerVID0Posted 9/20/2010 7:34:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10gamerVID0Posted 9/20/2010 7:42:53 PM
look what happened to silent hill an a few other games. castlevania might be ok with kojima watching over it but it still wont be the same as its predecessors.