Quick question... If one is a fan of the older resi games...

#1SulticunePosted 4/18/2012 8:52:33 AM
Would one enjoy this? I liked the slower, puzzle solving, atmospheric and tense/scary moments from the older games.

Is this something i would enjoy?

Thanks for your time :)
---
My re-done Feral tree: http://www.war-tools.com/t69143.html?b=9zyxm
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#2ukokira1Posted 4/18/2012 9:11:08 AM
Sulticune posted...
Would one enjoy this? I liked the slower, puzzle solving, atmospheric and tense/scary moments from the older games.

Is this something i would enjoy?

Thanks for your time :)

theres a lot of tense moments and scary atmosphere in this game. its the scariest one in a long time. But the puzzles... there's only 3 types of puzzles and some range from easy to frustrating.
I recommended it to you.
---
3DS FC: 2750-1586-8989
#3WalkinPneumoniaPosted 4/18/2012 11:07:57 AM
I would say yes. I love the older games, and hated RE4. RE5 was ok, but I really enjoy this one. I've played for over 40 hours so far.
#4GatemanSPPosted 4/19/2012 10:16:19 AM
I'm hesitant to say yes, I think my previous experiences with the older games made my expectations too high for this one.

There were some puzzles yes, but there is literally almost 0 exploration, you are shown where to go at almost every point in the game. I remember backtracking one time to find some custom part, but other than that...

I felt like it was waaaay too short, I enjoyed most of my experience, but I had no reason to complete the game again and Raid mode did not hold my interest.
---
RE0:Rebecca or Billy....toss a coin ? REMAKE is the bestest! RE2 had two characters! CVX had personality problems! RE Gaiden: We had Three main characters :D
#5dragonstar13Posted 4/19/2012 2:07:34 PM
So here's the load down.

Atmosphere: The atmosphere is dark and stays dark for most of the game, except for certain scenes.
Gameplay: You can have either over the shoulder shooting or first person. If you like the gameplay in RE4-5 or Outbreak, then the gameplay is for you.
Music: Not many memorable songs IMO, but it varies from person to person.
Story: As corny as the other REs. As long as you're not expecting ground-breaking storytelling, then this shouldn't be an issue.
Characters: There are a lot of new characters in this game, but to avoid spoilers, I will only talk about Chris and Jill. Chris is pretty much the same as he was in RE5. Gruff, serious, and always likes to put in the bad jokes when fighting monsters. Jill is just as serious, but also has one or two light moments in the story. Both of them seem to stay within character.

Not everyone is going to like this game, so you may want to d/l demo version to see if you will enjoy it.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#6jreeves1Posted 4/20/2012 11:34:30 AM
I would say yes. I am a huge fan of the older Resident Evil games, the first 2 are my favorites <3. This game FINALLY feels like the original Resident Evil games with the better control scheme than the fixed camera angles. It's creepy, it's fun, it's tense, it's smart, some of the puzzles take a good amount of time to figure out. It's also got a couple traditional puzzles where you must backtrack a few times to figure it all out. I appreciated this game VERY much and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone who loves the classics.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2277-6937-6316
Nintendo 3DS Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/216830368422129/
#7PoopMasterGoetzPosted 4/21/2012 3:10:40 AM
Not really. If you didn't enjoy 4 or 5, this one really isn't very different.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#8beyondbidjPosted 4/21/2012 4:23:32 AM
Not much puzzle solving. But for sure, this is much slower than RE4 and RE5.
---
U.I.O.G.D.
#9Sulticune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 5:06:51 PM
Thanks for the solid input, really appreciated. I downloaded the demo, and I have to be honest, I enjoyed it, but I really dont like the 3rd person perspective. One of the best things about Resi is the fixed Camera angles. They created awesome suspense and atmosphere. Ah well, perhaps in the future.

Thanks again for the replies :)
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#10ukokira1Posted 4/23/2012 8:56:00 PM
Sulticune posted...
Thanks for the solid input, really appreciated. I downloaded the demo, and I have to be honest, I enjoyed it, but I really dont like the 3rd person perspective. One of the best things about Resi is the fixed Camera angles. They created awesome suspense and atmosphere. Ah well, perhaps in the future.

Thanks again for the replies :)

have you tried hell mode on the demo? its after you beat the demo. its truly terrifying
---
3DS FC: 2750-1586-8989