Ghost ship Questions

#1Arceus00001Posted 4/29/2012 2:12:04 PM
1. Has anyone ever beat the ghost ship(all the way through) at level 1? Curious if it's possible, seems like it'd be a hell of a challenge

2. What is the best weapon setup for the ghost ship and why?

3. Is there an abyss/trench level ghost ship? If so, How does one unlock?
#2finalevil151Posted 4/29/2012 4:15:08 PM
1. Not difficult at all due to the levels being scaled down to w/e your level is. Just as long as you have high leveled weapons...
2. A Pale Rider is nice to have w/ any weapon combination set. I usually also bring along a SMG and a PSG w/ the Progenitor custom parts.
3. no.
#3HylianShieldPosted 4/29/2012 4:23:09 PM
Arceus00001 posted...
1. Has anyone ever beat the ghost ship(all the way through) at level 1? Curious if it's possible, seems like it'd be a hell of a challenge

Its possible. Just did a solo lv.1 challenge. As long as you have the right weapon and equipment you'll be fine.

2. What is the best weapon setup for the ghost ship and why?

I used Pale Rider to penetrate or deal damage to strong enemies (shell/crab creatures, creatures with sword/shield, ohko monster, or just regular ooze with high defense). P90 on the other hand is for regular ooze and hunters. Last but not least, a drake for the final boss or when I'm corner.

3. Is there an abyss/trench level ghost ship? If so, How does one unlock?

I don't think so. Theres only one ghost ship level.
#4old_man_mossyPosted 4/29/2012 4:45:00 PM
finalevil151 posted...
1. Not difficult at all due to the levels being scaled down to w/e your level is. Just as long as you have high leveled weapons...

Wow, didnt realize that when you voluntarily level down, you are allowed to use high level weapons. I'll have to try that.

LOL, I remember slogging my way through raid...getting a higher level weapon than my current character level (so I couldnt use it) in my limited 6 weapon menu box, holding on to the thing till I get the level needed to use it, then getting barraged with better guns/slots for that level.

oh the hoarding, all for naught. :)
---
I'd rather hunt with a combat rifle than combat with a hunting rifle.
#5Arceus00001(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 5:55:52 PM
Wow, so you can do it at level 1... cool.. Now is it possible with level 1 weapons as well?
#6finalevil151Posted 4/29/2012 10:16:48 PM
have fun wasting bullets...it's possible but you'll be cutting it close.
#7Arceus00001(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:31:11 AM
finalevil151 posted...
have fun wasting bullets...it's possible but you'll be cutting it close.
Do you think cornucopia might solve the bullet problem? or does it recover ammo too slowly to be of much use?
#8Arceus00001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 8:15:22 PM
I've been trying it, with level 1 weapons... and the Damn Tiny fast skagdead is MURDERING ME....
Why is he such a goddamn bullet sponge? FML. On that note, anyone willing to level 1 run with me (level 1 weapons only) on the ghost ship, see if our luck's any better than just mine alone?

2 people= 2x the bullets... We might be able to kill one.....or be killed twice as fast....
FML

It's not resident evil without the chainsaw, eh?
#9DarkWind313Posted 5/2/2012 5:38:20 AM(edited)
For those that aren't aware, lowering your level has no effect on Ghost Ship. All that matters on Ghost Ship is your guns.
Going through it as a Lv. 50 with Lv. 50 guns is exactly the same as going through at Lv. 1 with Lv. 50 guns.
On any other stage, it scales down your weapons to match your level.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr] -- Someday I will ragequit life.
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png