Resident Evil Revelations 2 - ideas

#11Some_Guy666Posted 5/5/2012 5:31:45 AM
How about Resident Evil: Conclusions, finally reveal what happened to Barry, Rebecca, Billy, Carlos etc. Please, Capcom? Not a snowballs' chance in hell, I guess.

But for RE:R 2, a bigger enemy variety and the ability for enemies to open/destroy doors and give chase (imagine how creepy it would've been if the Ooze could've silently seeped under doors to give chase), being truly alone in the campaign and perhaps two selectable characters with the other focusing on action and the other on horror (like RE6 is promising to do) and keep the gun customization and Raid mode. I'd also like to see the multiplayer from RE:DS returning, IIRC it went something like this: 4 players are thrown into a large area (mansion, guardhouse, laboratory) with 3 keys hidden all around. The players must find the keys while fighting enemies and sharing supplies (via item chest in DS) and once they've found the keys and used them, a boss will spawn and once defeated the game ends.

But basically ditch the NPC support and action segments and expand upon what's left.
---
"Lofty timbers, the walls around are bare, echoing to our laughter as though the dead were there"
#12DoomsSDPosted 5/5/2012 6:11:23 AM
^^ I would also like to see the Ooze behave a little bit more like that. I thought they had a great concept with the ooze, they could get in ventilator shafts, appears through small crevices yet by the end of the game, they just appear out of the floor or are just standing there waiting for you. Felt a little bit lazy.

I also feel like sequel should really cut down on the alternating story lines. Jill and Parker, Quint and Keith, Jessica and Chris, jumping around between them all, especially on a follow up play through does break the game pace a little bit too much. Two parallel stories is more than enough. If they played it like the Assignment Ada/Separate Ways thing, where you only really see things from the other half once the main story with the main character iscomplete, that would be grand.

Also I believe they could tweak the match making system for Raid Mode so that you can add players from the lobby. Say for example, I have a good match with someone on the Ghost Ship, we beast the stage and generally play to each others strengths. If I wanna play with this player again, I have to hope they frequent the same game sites I do and I can add them. With a follow up game, they could add a button in the lobby that would send the other player a request.

Also in regards to the game play, I did feel like they stopped trying to scare you about half way through. The two creepy bosses aside, Rachel and Scagdead, the scares just don't persist. There's a certain tension when you first get on the Queen Zenobia and it doesn't quite last the full game.

I would also second the idea that the variety of enemies needs to be expanded. Granted you get elite mooks like the Scars and Drags but with the main oozes, there are only 4 types, the Normal, the Clawed, the Boomers and the Shooters. I wouldn't mind seeing two or three more variants of "standard" enemy ooze. They also need to bring back a little gore to the enemies. Pale White just looks like pale white. Throw in a little blood here and there, lol.
#13railway95Posted 5/5/2012 6:33:29 AM
Claire and Jill. And if swimming comes back then add sharks. Wished so much revelations had sharks it would have been scarier if it did. Maybe a G-virus outbreak? Kinda still praying claire and jill appear or are at least mentioned in RE6. A hidden fourth scenario. Oh well. I can dream.
#14Ganados0Posted 5/5/2012 6:57:39 AM

I think all the Ooze should utter something too like Rachel and some of the Skagdead did in the original.

#15rebelguy0Posted 5/5/2012 11:09:09 AM
railway95 posted...
Claire and Jill. And if swimming comes back then add sharks. Wished so much revelations had sharks it would have been scarier if it did. Maybe a G-virus outbreak? Kinda still praying claire and jill appear or are at least mentioned in RE6. A hidden fourth scenario. Oh well. I can dream. RE6 does have a fourth scenario, Ada's is apparently unlocked after the initial three are finished.
#16rebelguy0Posted 5/5/2012 11:25:16 AM
Ganados0 posted...
I think all the Ooze should utter something too like Rachel and some of the Skagdead did in the original. Good idea, it'd give the Ooze another thing unique to them, which judging from a few people's opinions they definitely need. I think it'd make it quite a bit scarier if it were done as well as those two.
#17railway95Posted 5/5/2012 1:06:17 PM
rebelguy0 posted...
railway95 posted...
Claire and Jill. And if swimming comes back then add sharks. Wished so much revelations had sharks it would have been scarier if it did. Maybe a G-virus outbreak? Kinda still praying claire and jill appear or are at least mentioned in RE6. A hidden fourth scenario. Oh well. I can dream. RE6 does have a fourth scenario, Ada's is apparently unlocked after the initial three are finished.

Thats just a rumour though im not sure it has been confirmed. But if you take that into account then 5 scenarios then (im very greedy) with claire and jill saving the day since leon and chris have had too much screen/game time in my opinion.
#18TMW001Posted 5/5/2012 1:35:59 PM
If they did make a part 2 I'd love for you partner to at least make monster that grab you back off I always hated it when something grabbed me and my partner would stand there and watch.
#19Shade_1Posted 5/5/2012 2:10:36 PM
Parker+Barry as Partners: 7 Billion Copies Sold, and more Everyday!
---
Are you a gamer or do you just play one on a gaming website?
#20JackslickPosted 5/5/2012 3:18:51 PM
FireMadePrime posted...
3 different campaigns

1 - Jill and a new female character called Paris
2 - Claire and a male character called Henry
3- New female character called Julia and a character returning to the series from REzero, Billy.

All campaign tie in.

Eventually they will all meet up in Japan.

Starcraft: Revelations? That's what you described, anyway.
---
I'm sorry (best I put it here, just in case).