How's the online multiplayer in this game?

#1REMercsChampPosted 1/6/2013 6:27:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm a pretty big survival horror fan so naturally this game his been on my radar for a while as a 3DS owner.

One thing I wanted to confirm about this was the online aspect. I really liked how in Mercenaries 3D there was the single player campaign, then I could do the online survival campaign, followed by Team Hunt mode where I hunt down my ally with a grenade launcher as he futilely tries to escape me by running around the map. I found that mode the most challenging and has been one of my favourites in all of the resident evil franchise. Is this mode of playability available in revelations as well? Thanks.
#2WizardofHothPosted 1/6/2013 10:40:48 PM
This game has online multiplayer? Damn lol. I just bought this game today from Wally World and I'm still trying to figure out stuff on my new 3DS
#3yaratnamPosted 1/7/2013 1:11:36 PM
The only online mode in this game is Raid Mode, which you unlock after beating episodes 1-3 of the campaign. This unlocks the first 7 stages. To get the other 13 stages, you have to beat the next three chapters in the campaign mode.

Basically what Raid is, is a mode where your characters and enemies level up. The highest that I've seen the level go is level 50. I'm not sure if that is the cap or not since I just got this game myself. The missions in this mode are based on levels that you play through in the campaign.

The enemies have life bars in this mode, so you can tell how much HP they have. You go through these missions with one other person if you're playing online. You also have the option of playing solo offline, but IMO it's not quite as fun. The objective is to get to the end of the stage as fast as you can while killing enemies and trying not to get hit.

Every character (I think there's around 8 playable characters, with only Chris, Jill, and Parker being unlocked from the start) has their own weapon specialties. Weapons of different levels and stats are gained from beating missions, and enhancements to weapons are a lot more bountiful.

You can gain some sweet BP bonuses this way (BP is used to buy weapons, ammo, and upgrades). The episodes in the campaign, once beaten, give you quite a bit of BP, so start with that first if you want to have lots of BP right off the bat. The online itself is pretty smooth for the most part, although there were times that for some reason, pressing Y to open a door wouldn't work without me mashing the button (while playing offline this never happened). There's also the fact that if you're low-leveled and play with someone of a high level, their weapons will be much more powerful than yours (which is a given). My first raid mission was with a guy who was level 30, and his magnum dealt 50000 damage to everything in the mission.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AstronAstroll?feature=mhee
My YT channel. Not much on it. :V
#4darkus_fPosted 1/11/2013 2:11:21 AM
^That. It's freakin addictive.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549
White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356