For those angry about it no longer being exclusive, stop. This is a GOOD thing.

#11Gmanzz666Posted 1/23/2013 6:28:06 AM
The only thing is that yes, its a little upsetting that its being ported and here is the reason why:

I bought a 3DS solely for this game, as I see it awesome purchase as the handheld has a great library.

However the same deal was done on RE4 and eventually it was ported IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I would have waited.

I dont thing Im the only one who feels slightly jarred that they ported it, its a good thing just a little bit annoying.

Ohhh $49.99?? Now they are just being mean...
---
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......
#12MashYouGoodPosted 1/23/2013 6:57:34 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Not everyone can afford a WiiU,you know. They should of just kept it 3DS exclusive. Because now 3DS owners are getting screwed out of content the Console versions are getting which is stupid.

That's a pretty narrow-minded and selfish attitude that exudes insecurity for a toy handheld format. The game will be available on all platforms, even PC. You surely can pick up a PC version if you're feeling left out, as it hardy looks to be a resource hog of a game.

Begrudging the vast majority of gamers experiencing a title because you have some curious fixation to a particular format is a borderline psychological disorder.
#13vhunter14Posted 1/23/2013 7:09:24 AM
MashYouGood posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
Not everyone can afford a WiiU,you know. They should of just kept it 3DS exclusive. Because now 3DS owners are getting screwed out of content the Console versions are getting which is stupid.

That's a pretty narrow-minded and selfish attitude that exudes insecurity for a toy handheld format. The game will be available on all platforms, even PC. You surely can pick up a PC version if you're feeling left out, as it hardy looks to be a resource hog of a game.

Begrudging the vast majority of gamers experiencing a title because you have some curious fixation to a particular format is a borderline psychological disorder.

Straight up correct fistbump
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#14The_DjokerPosted 1/23/2013 10:00:38 AM(edited)
Not everyone can afford a WiiU,you know. They should of just kept it 3DS exclusive. Because now 3DS owners are getting screwed out of content the Console versions are getting which is stupid. I'm still buying it regardless but they damn better have 3 Save files and not 2 and have the ability to transfer data from the 3DS version. Because I am not redoing everything again.

get out with this garbage.

what about people who haven't got a 3DS and want to play the best RE game since RE4?

360/PS3/Wii U owners > 3DS owners.

It's a smart and logical Business decision. IF you got the game, then enjoy it for what it is....a handheld RE title. The console version will obviously be superior. You can't moan about the new content. These things happen.

However the same deal was done on RE4 and eventually it was ported IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I would have waited.

lol GC version was the best version until Wii version came out. Don't give me this " i would have waited" bollocks. You would have waited 9 months to play what was at the time one of the greatest games of all time? I don't think so. Unless you bought a GC just for RE4..well GC other great games too. When RE4 got ported...I didn't think " damn GC lose an exclusive" I thought to myself "Gc has far too much of a smaller userbase for a game this friggin good, may all the success be with RE4. All my friends had PS2's and they wanted to play RE4.

Same with this game. Revelations it too good to be a DS exclusive. We need more RE games like this. Not RE6 garbage. So having it ported and sell a lot more is the best decision for the franchise. I care about the RE franchise. It's pretty depressing when RE6 sells 100x more than revelations. Despite not even being half as good. I have played bits of Revelations but I always held out for a console release. And I do own a 3DS. This is great news for RE fans.

How are you getting screwed out of content. The extra content likely wouldn't exist if the HD version wasn't being made.

Exactly. It's a friggin dumb complaint. If you're a RE fan this is great news. IF you're a 3DS fanboy this is bad news.
---
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/476663/p4an.gif
#15Coryo61827Posted 1/23/2013 10:08:16 AM
Quote:The only thing is that yes, its a little upsetting that its being ported and here is the reason why:

I bought a 3DS solely for this game, as I see it awesome purchase as the handheld has a great library.

I dont thing Im the only one who feels slightly jarred that they ported it, its a good thing just a little bit annoying.

Ohhh $49.99?? Now they are just being mean...

@Gmanzz666

You know nobody is forcing you to rebuy it again, right? Revelations was one of the main reasons I wanted a 3ds (though not the only reason) and i'm still very excited to buy and play it again for the ps3. When a game is honestly that great, I don't mind one bit forking over cash for it to help support it and it makes me happy at the same time so it's a win win.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#16Mariofan15Posted 1/23/2013 3:09:52 PM
Not everyone can afford a WiiU,you know. They should of just kept it 3DS exclusive. Because now 3DS owners are getting screwed out of content the Console versions are getting which is stupid. I'm still buying it regardless but they damn better have 3 Save files and not 2 and have the ability to transfer data from the 3DS version. Because I am not redoing everything again.

what about people who haven't got a 3DS and want to play the best RE game since RE4?

It's a smart and logical Business decision. IF you got the game, then enjoy it for what it is....a handheld RE title. The console version will obviously be superior. You can't moan about the new content. These things happen.

lol GC version was the best version until Wii version came out. Don't give me this " i would have waited" bollocks. You would have waited 9 months to play what was at the time one of the greatest games of all time? I don't think so. Unless you bought a GC just for RE4..well GC other great games too. When RE4 got ported...I didn't think " damn GC lose an exclusive" I thought to myself "Gc has far too much of a smaller userbase for a game this friggin good, may all the success be with RE4. All my friends had PS2's and they wanted to play RE4.

Same with this game. Revelations it too good to be a DS exclusive. We need more RE games like this. Not RE6 garbage. So having it ported and sell a lot more is the best decision for the franchise. I care about the RE franchise. It's pretty depressing when RE6 sells 100x more than revelations. Despite not even being half as good. I have played bits of Revelations but I always held out for a console release. And I do own a 3DS. This is great news for RE fans.

How are you getting screwed out of content. The extra content likely wouldn't exist if the HD version wasn't being made.

Exactly. It's a friggin dumb complaint. If you're a RE fan this is great news. IF you're a 3DS fanboy this is bad news.

Aww. Someone is butthurt over my complaint.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#17vhunter14Posted 1/23/2013 5:20:02 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

And a silly conplaint it is.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#18LeonPliskenPosted 1/23/2013 5:53:04 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Its also being put on 360, ps3, and PC. You know, for those of us who only could afford 1 system right now. So its not just for people who can't afford the WiiU, its for people who haven't had the money to spare on a 3DS either.

Stop complaining about it getting ported when you just admitted you're going to buy it. Peace Walker got ported to 360 and PS3, I loved it on PSP, but its infinitely better on a real console. Sometimes porting a good game to a more powerful machine, is just a good thing.
---
I enjoyed Hellgate, Deadly Premonition, Phantasy Star Universe, and many other "bad games."
#19ZBug_Posted 1/24/2013 9:34:11 AM
Mariofan15 posted...

Since when does being logical equal butthurt? Oh wait, I get it, you just couldn't think of anything better to say.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#20AwesomePS3gamerPosted 1/24/2013 12:38:39 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
There's a reason why Revelations was the best Resident Evil game since RE4. However, it was an "experiment" game where RE6 was the big game of the series coming out that year.

Now, we have Revelations beating out RE6 in regards to reviews, but not sales. Where am I going with this? Well, Capcom loves their money, but in order to keep making money, they need to please the fans. So, they are porting this game everywhere to see if the community bites the bait.

I'm telling you as a fellow gamer... take the bait. Why? Because if Revelations sells well on all consoles, they'll know for a fact that this is the RE style we want. Not the CoD stuff they have now. It's THIS!

Agree. I really, really hope this game will sell more than Resident Evil 6, I know that's a lot to expect from an HD remake but RE6 didn't sell that well to begin with, only about 5-6 million copies across all platforms, RE5 sold more than twice as much for example.