For those angry about it no longer being exclusive, stop. This is a GOOD thing.

#41CrimsonRoyalPosted 2/3/2013 3:32:30 PM(edited)
baddude1337 posted...
Is any of the extra stuff gonna be released as DLC on 3DS?

"The game would have needed to have had the hooks built into it to accept future DLC. That is not the case." -Christian Svensson

It's not likely that we'll be seeing future dlc.
#42ALimitPosted 2/5/2013 12:16:14 AM
CrimsonRoyal posted...
baddude1337 posted...

"The game would have needed to have had the hooks built into it to accept future DLC. That is not the case." -Christian Svensson

See, this is the problem. If they were to release the extra content as dlc for the 3DS, then everyone would be happy. It feels like the 3DS owners are losing out just because they didn't wait for the console versions.
#43so_realPosted 2/6/2013 8:42:14 AM
Coming from someone who bought this at launch I am extremely happy that this is getting ported. Clearly revelations was the best received RE of last year and arguably the best entry of modern RE games. If this does really well it may be what the series needs and be enough to convince Capcom to stop trying to compete with CoD.

Remember when RE didn't have to compete with another genre over money? I do, and those were enjoyable games. So if this is what needs to be done to make a return to that train of thought, I'm in and will gladly purchase the port.
#44kanto_wandererPosted 2/6/2013 11:02:31 AM
I wouldn't say that (prior to RE4) Resident Evil has never competed with other franchises, but the difference between then and now was that RE always dominated over its competition. Outside of Silent Hill, there was no other horror game for consoles that I can think of that gave Capcom a run for its money. Even in its prime, I don't think SH's sales ever did as well. Even a lot of the better RE spin-offs came from Capcom. With the tremendous success of RE4 however, I think Capcom has been overzeolous in deciding how much they should continually use from it as a source for current game design. There's plenty of leeway these days for a game to be both effectively scary and thrilling, as Mikami proved when he reinvented the series, but rehashing moments that have not been done better since almost a decade ago only seems to show how uninspired Capcom has become and (perhaps) how little faith they have in their developers to come up with something new instead of continually repeating lackluster and repetitive game design.
#45TheThirdDayPosted 2/6/2013 11:11:53 PM
CrimsonRoyal posted...
baddude1337 posted...

They couldn't release an update on the eShop, like Nintendo did for Mario Kart 7? /knows nothing on the subject

In any case, that is upsetting, 'cause i certainly ain't buying it again, at least until we see a significant price drop. Hope the port does well, though. While I did love RE6, more classically styled RE games would be fantastic. Revs was certainly the best RE since at least RE4.

And (this goes for the whole board) can we cool it on the quote tunnels?
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario Character.
Period.
#46TheThirdDayPosted 2/6/2013 11:25:35 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
There's plenty of leeway these days for a game to be both effectively scary and thrilling, ... but rehashing moments that have not been done better since almost a decade ago only seems to show how uninspired Capcom has become and (perhaps) how little faith they have in their developers to come up with something new instead of continually repeating lackluster and repetitive game design.

To be fair, RE4-6 seemed to have significantly more fresh ideas/new gameplay mechanics and less rehashing of the same ideas between them than 0-CV combined. The originals were my favorites, but they were the same basic thing every entry. Being able to freely walk up and down stairs and the 180 quick-turn were pretty much the only significant gameplay improvements from the original to RE0.

(Sorry for double posting rather than editing. No copy/paste on the 3DS browser.)
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario Character.
Period.
#47kanto_wandererPosted 2/10/2013 3:08:34 PM
I partly agree and partly disagree. Obviously by the time the original games had got to Zero, the RE formula that had essentially kick-started survival-horror had become increasingly stale and there was less and less Capcom could do to make those new titles more interesting without completely reinventing themselves. But that said, I definitely feel the earlier titles (at least 1-3) had a lot of gameplay innovation for their time, and only seemed to slow down around the PS2/GameCube era when there seemed to be less attention given to the series. Admittedly, Capcom was mostly responsible for that, because they only increased producing inferior products with the RE name. Now we're starting to see the same thing happen with these new games, where a lack of innovation/imagination in the main series, especially after the stellar RE4, paired with some fairly terrible spin-offs are once again soiling RE's namesake and stagnating the series.
#48nina_chanPosted 2/12/2013 8:54:33 AM
Mariofan15 posted...

Someone is mad.

Maybe you should try backing up your complaint, instead of repeating the same hackneyed lame comeback three times in a row.
#49ZBug_Posted 2/20/2013 8:58:00 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Aww. Someone is butthurt over my complaint.

Your "Complaint" essentially amounts to "Wah, I don't want the other kids playing with my toys". There is nothing in your post that even remotely can stand as a valid reason to why this game shouldn't be ported.

Getting "Screwed" out of extra content? Not really, no. People on this board have praised this as the best RE game ever as is, so why should it matter if the console ports get a little extra content. RE4 had some extra content when it was ported to the PS2 and Wii, but it wasn't a huge game changer (hell, Ada mode was pretty damn terrible to be honest).

And the complaint of not wanting to redo everything either is also silly. If this game is so damn excellent, then why is it a big deal to replay all that excellent, fun game-play again? God knows whenever an HD port comes out of a game I love to death, I look at it as an excuse to plunk down another mountain of hours to 100% it again.

You can put a coat of paint on your post as much as you want, but as I said in my original post, it just boils down to you being upset that the 3DS is loosing an exclusive, and nothing more. The game being ported to the consoles and PC is only a good thing, as it will bring more attention to Revelations, and show Capcom that the more traditional survival horror style of Resident Evil is what people want.

But seeing as your username is "MarioFan", I can only assume that this entire post will go in one ear and out the other, as you've already made up your mind that this game should by a Nintendo exclusive, because "Nintendo is the bestest".

Someone is mad.

Yeah we know you're mad mariofan. But you're also pretty dense so it doesn't really matter if you're mad, considering you lack the capacity to understand reason.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#50ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/21/2013 11:40:03 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Not everyone can afford a WiiU,you know. They should of just kept it 3DS exclusive. Because now 3DS owners are getting screwed out of content the Console versions are getting which is stupid. I'm still buying it regardless but they damn better have 3 Save files and not 2 and have the ability to transfer data from the 3DS version. Because I am not redoing everything again.

Well, not everyone was going to buy a 3DS just to play this game either, which was a sad thing considering that out of the 3 RE games that came out last year, this one was the only that could be considered to be such. So, I do am glad that players with different consoles (PS3, PC, 360 and Wii U) who didn't have a 3DS are getting a chance to play a good RE game after such a long time.

That said, I do realize that if your don't have any of the other consoles, it does seem like you get the short end of the stick, but on the bright side, this gives Capcom proof that they should spend more resources on portable games and will hopefully result in more RE games headed for the 3DS.

Back to your previous question, I honestly don't know if the Wii U even has the capability to transfer data between itself and the 3DS, but I do know that the console version has among its new features, more saves:

We've also made system improvements and stuff, so there's no longer such a strict limitation on the number save slots and so on.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14046-Resident-Evil--Revelations-Interview-%E2%80%93-Masachika-Kawata-Talks-Horror--Transitions--RE--Outbreak-and-the-Series--Roots.html