I'm facing a dilemma regarding the HD Port.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 1/23/2013 8:52:40 AM
Nothing drastic mind you. I'm trying to decide between getting it for the X360 or Wii U. Here's the way I see it, of course the 360 has the larger install base and thus will have more people playing, but since the 720 is around the corner it'll be phased out soon. Then we have the Wii U, a console that can directly replicate the 3DS experience sans the 3D, and could probably sport better graphics since its more powerful, but there will be less people playing. On top of that, most of my IRL friends have 360s.

What should I do?
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2The_DjokerPosted 1/23/2013 10:07:48 AM(edited)
First of all. Wii U version won't look better. I don't know why you even think it would since wIi U's hardware capabilities barely surpass current gen and on top of that It's a 3DS HD port, so it will most likely look identicle on everything except maybe PC. Secondly, pretty sure 720 will be BC with 360. If you're planning on playing online it's a no brainer. Wii U online is garbage. The only reason i'd consider Wii U(if I had one) is the dual screen mechanics. That's it. But I'm getting it on 360 just like 95% of multiplats this gen.
---
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/476663/p4an.gif
#3vagamesPosted 1/23/2013 12:37:19 PM
I will probably get it for the WiiU, if for no other reason but to use the game pad. As far as I'm concerned, HD is HD, and I'm not too discerning about a couple pixels. I have my X-Box 360, and I might try it for that, too. We'll see.
#4elkenPosted 1/23/2013 3:07:19 PM
PS3 the best version !!!

360 are you kidding me ? you still handling those old dvds ?
c'mon we are in the blu-ray era !!!

=)
---
Fav Genre: JRPG / Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo / Fav Handheld: PSV & 3DS XL
#5Mariofan15Posted 1/23/2013 3:08:47 PM
PS3 the best version !!!

360 are you kidding me ? you still handling those old dvds ?
c'mon we are in the blu-ray era !!!

=)

Opinion.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#6funguy10Posted 1/24/2013 10:56:40 AM
the next xbox is nothing but rumours. after the news article about x-surface. people should know not to believe in rumours. so theres no fact of a new console. ms nor sony have stated publicly on this.

as for buying it on a console, why? if you already have it, theres no need to. :)
#7UnchartedraiderPosted 1/25/2013 7:52:22 AM
I only have Mass Effect 3 on Wii U (traded ZombiU straight away) and I've never had a problem searching for a game online. I'm sure the online will be fine for Revelations on all platforms. I'm in roughly the same boat as you though, my mates all use 360s.

I've already got the game on 3DS and i'll get the PC version eventually to mod so i'm not buying it on 360 AND Wii U. Ultimately, I don't think my mates will play Revelations that much (they prefer COD zombies but can't explain why) so I'm gonna go for the Wii U version. The Wii U controller is gorgeous and is the deciding factor. Playing ME3 on it is nothing short of a dream :)
---
"It was Raccoon City's last chance and my last chance... My last escape,".
#8kenneth_velezPosted 1/25/2013 5:18:22 PM
If you have the game on the 3DS then you are golden. . .

Don't really have a bias towards the 360 or Wii U (got both they are both kind of neat). Do you know if your IRL friends or even your XBL friends will be picking up this title? that could help too.

I am not picking this up for anything cause I already got it on my 3DS . . . but if the controls (especially for menu) are like the 360 version of 6 then I say get on on the Wii U. That and if you have Gyro controls on the 3DS version then it would be easy to assimilate to with the Wii U than the 360 version (problem I had playing RE6 [oddly enough not GOW or Dead Space]) .