noob controls question.

#1sunywolffie2975Posted 2/10/2013 5:21:20 AM
Picked this game up for $20 dollars yesterday (haven't opened it yet). The guy at game stop heavily thought I should purchase circle pad pro for this (told him I already have it to avoid getting hassled and spending extra). Just wanted to know how crippling the controls are without that add on. Is this game playable or would I need to bite that bullet?
#2Mariofan15Posted 2/10/2013 11:58:23 AM
>_>. The game is perfectly playable without it. The CPP isnt even needed. All it does is make the controls more comfortable and that's it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#3kenneth_velezPosted 2/10/2013 1:52:41 PM
the CPP gives you a second stick . . . the gyro controls work great and are intuitive. I just bought a 3DS XL so I had to readjust (having played most of the time on the 3DS) but the game plays fine with gyro still.

The only game that I would say CPP is a must for is Metal Gear Solid 3. Which only has an option that uses the face buttons (like the 3rd option for this game or the only option for moving and shooting in RE Mercs 3D).
#4cybeastdemon05Posted 2/10/2013 6:39:36 PM
the cpp isnt needed but i does make things easier just like in metal gear but as a person who played metal gear solid peace walker on the psp im used to using 4 buttons to control the camera to aim or move around but again the cpp makes things even more precise and easier
---
Official clueless
3DS FC 3652 1741 2835
#5DoomsSDPosted 2/10/2013 7:19:48 PM
As others have said in this thread, it isn't needed.

It basically handles like an improved version of the C-Style set up as it uses the added analogue stick for aiming and the added shoulder buttons for knife/nades.

I have one and sometimes I'll use it, but more often than not I'll be happy enough to aim with the face buttons.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...