How to deal with the pus exploders

#1EuaggelistesPosted 2/13/2013 2:48:37 PM
I just encountered these monsters for the first time when SPOILERS! Chris and Jessica arrive on the ship to save Jill and Parker from the room filling up with water. They are the gross enlarged looking things that explode when you get to close. Is there a good way to deal with them? I am assuming shooting them up from a distance is the best option but sometimes that is not always possible.

Also, those monsters that shoot the little cross looking things at you, is there anyway to dodge those while aiming or do you have to drop your aim and strafe out of the way?

Thanks.
#2Mariofan15Posted 2/13/2013 3:16:55 PM
Ever heard of strafing? That's how. And your correct. The best way to deal with the Exploding Ooze is to shoot them from a far so it wont damage you when it explodes which happens if it comes into contact with you.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#3FusionZXPosted 2/14/2013 7:32:41 PM
Shoot them in the legs until they kneel down. If you can manage to make it kneel before it's health depletes, it will set there for a few seconds before exploding.
---
Working on a sprite animation called MegaMan: Epilogue. Teaser Trailer at Youtube channel (FusionZX)
PSN: Availation - Site: http://availation.deviantart.com/
#4DoomsSDPosted 2/16/2013 6:21:42 AM(edited)
Always keep them at a distance and never move in on the others in the area without making sure you have a fresh reload. Nothing worse then trying to take one of them out but only having one bullet in your mag when they're closing in.

They go down quick and easy provided you never let them get within explodey distance of you. If you see them among other enemies (in campaign or raid) ALWAYS take the Boomers out first. Don't waste your time bringing them to their knees or whatever, just fill that big inflated puss bag on top with bullets before they get close to you.

---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...