High level players are annoying...

#1Jonnyd108Posted 2/15/2013 1:17:46 PM
I am fairly new to this game and only around level 25 in Raid mode.

Playing online, I mostly run into players than are level 50. They always 1 shot everything and run ahead while I am behind picking up weapons, ammo and exploring side rooms.

None of this really bothers me too much but I have come across a lot of players that wait until the end of a level and then quit... It's a waste of my time and I have almost stopped playing Raid mode online because of this players....

Is this a widespread problem or something?
---
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust...
PSN: ButtersThaatsMe WiiU: JonnyD Xbox: JonnyD1080
#2duducukierPosted 2/15/2013 5:49:55 PM
Its trolling, my friend. Haha.

Sorry if our weapons are overpowered. ^-^'
---
=Sora/Skyy=
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7709-7856 (Skyy) Miiverse: L-Sora
#3Mariofan15Posted 2/15/2013 7:10:16 PM
Do Raid Mode with friends,then.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#4yipeeyahooPosted 2/16/2013 2:50:58 AM
Even though I'm LV.50, but yeah I dont enjoy it. It's BORING that keep shooting one shot and died :P
---
3ds FC:1032-2127-0629. If you added me, let me know.
#5DoomsSDPosted 2/16/2013 4:47:34 AM
I am guilty of being a Level 50 player and never dropping my level. However I usually stick to missions like Ghost Ship or the upper levels of Abyss mode where being a lvl 50 player is more or less to be expected. If you're playing the Ghost Ship as a lower level player, you'd probably appreciate having a lvl. 50 player having your back in the later stages of that level. If I'm on Ghost Ship and I have a lower level with me, I let them chip in a lot in the earlier segments when the enemies can't tank them entirely, but when we get to Promenade and beyond I consider it my responsibility to get them through the rest of it.

I'd be more inclined to drop my level if there was simply a function tied to a button in the lobby that said "Match other players level" and you could do it super quick. However as it is, you have to go into the character screen and manually adjust to on-or-there-abouts where the other player is leveled. This would be fine but the loading/saving times between screens eats up time and I can never guarantee that the other player is going to have the patience to sit around and wait especially if I have to do other things between rounds like re-stocking ammo/supplies and checking loot gained from previous missions.

That last point about players waiting until the end to just quit out of the round and thus deprive you of your time earned weapons/ BP is just a plain simple d*** move. The best you can do is keep a mental/written note of the names of these kinds of players and simply avoid them in lobbies. Maybe even list them here and benefit the community by helping us avoid time wasters.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#6siegeshotPosted 2/25/2013 5:41:11 PM
DoomsSD posted...
I am guilty of being a Level 50 player and never dropping my level. However I usually stick to missions like Ghost Ship or the upper levels of Abyss mode where being a lvl 50 player is more or less to be expected. If you're playing the Ghost Ship as a lower level player, you'd probably appreciate having a lvl. 50 player having your back in the later stages of that level. If I'm on Ghost Ship and I have a lower level with me, I let them chip in a lot in the earlier segments when the enemies can't tank them entirely, but when we get to Promenade and beyond I consider it my responsibility to get them through the rest of it.

I'd be more inclined to drop my level if there was simply a function tied to a button in the lobby that said "Match other players level" and you could do it super quick. However as it is, you have to go into the character screen and manually adjust to on-or-there-abouts where the other player is leveled. This would be fine but the loading/saving times between screens eats up time and I can never guarantee that the other player is going to have the patience to sit around and wait especially if I have to do other things between rounds like re-stocking ammo/supplies and checking loot gained from previous missions.

That last point about players waiting until the end to just quit out of the round and thus deprive you of your time earned weapons/ BP is just a plain simple d*** move. The best you can do is keep a mental/written note of the names of these kinds of players and simply avoid them in lobbies. Maybe even list them here and benefit the community by helping us avoid time wasters.

Absolutely this. +1 for me too. If I see folks struggling with nobody coming to help, I'll come help them get through 2-3 stages, but to be honest it's annoying to rescale my level all the time. I prefer Dead Island where all of the mobs auto scale. But I give kudos to Revs for at least trying. Most games don't even bother.
---
Next outbreak opportunity for Frank West to cover: RE6 Mercs: Reunion. Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?
#7heyyoitsmebrianPosted 3/1/2013 11:47:20 AM
Yeah i have the same prob! i am at level 24 right now and i havent even beaten the campaign yet... so i can only play the 1st 12 levels so far... but yeah add me if you want bc i could use some ppl to play with that arent at level 50.
-0834-0875-5202-
brian
#8KurtaynPosted 3/9/2013 4:15:51 PM
Yeah, they can be annoying, but I've run into a couple higher-leveled players who let me do the shooting and exploring and only step in when I'm in trouble or can't find the right way.
---
http://archivethumb3.foolz.us/board/a/img/0613/77/1329220740332.gif
Dissidia 012 Combo Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/kidrm19/videos
#9BlackBloodDragoPosted 3/9/2013 6:30:58 PM
Kurtayn posted...
Yeah, they can be annoying, but I've run into a couple higher-leveled players who let me do the shooting and exploring and only step in when I'm in trouble or can't find the right way.

That use to be me until it was stolen.
---
New 3DS (old one was stolen with all my games....) FC: 3480-3950-4456
Drill Arm Dentist at your service :P