Should I go back for the shotgun??

#1DevGamer2014Posted 4/2/2013 8:47:24 PM
First playthrough and I just killed the comms officer boss. I never got the shotgun, though I vaguely remember where it is located far back in the ship. Is it worth journeying back for? Considering it is a shotgun in a survival horror game I figure its probably invaluable, still, thought I'd ask.
---
---Now that I got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it's time to drop out of high school and go into hiding....it's my own...my precious...
#2DragonlordHaar8Posted 4/3/2013 1:52:29 AM
Yeah it's worth it, it's not that far back.
---
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587
#3DoomsSDPosted 4/4/2013 4:51:52 AM
Yeah. The shotgun is definitely worth it. You want variety in the weapons you carry as they all take care of different kinds of threat.

Ideally you want to have something loosely resembling this on you at all times:

Pistol or Machine Gun
Sniper Rifle or Magnum
Shotgun
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#4Toonlinkmaster2Posted 4/5/2013 10:34:17 PM
yeah i'd go back for it because its useful
---
3DS:2852-7334-2395
Name:Paul
#5WizardofHothPosted 4/8/2013 12:33:08 AM
Im still saved at the part where I still have to deal with the Mayday promenade boss and I still havent gotten the shotgun since I didnt know about having to backtrack to get it since I now have the key or whatever.

Stupid Oozers that are "infinite" when you have to deal with the boss
#6DoomsSDPosted 4/8/2013 4:53:53 AM
WizardofHoth posted...
Im still saved at the part where I still have to deal with the Mayday promenade boss and I still havent gotten the shotgun since I didnt know about having to backtrack to get it since I now have the key or whatever.

Stupid Oozers that are "infinite" when you have to deal with the boss

Do you get a Rifle before that boss too? I can't be sure since I haven't played a fresh campaign file in over a year, lol. But if you get the Rifle, that would arguably be more effective on that boss due to it's sluggish nature and the power per shot of the Rifle.

Use the rifle on him when you can and save your other ammo for finishing him off.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#7WizardofHothPosted 4/8/2013 7:21:04 AM
No there's only an early beginning shotgun a few rooms back before the whole promenade mayday boss. I still need to go back an area or two to get that shotgun weapon. Then maybe I'll be prepared to take on the promenade boss and the stupid Oozers