How "scary" is this game?

#1SuperiorSlasherPosted 5/2/2013 12:55:02 PM(edited)
I just bought RE:R a little over an hour ago and I absolutely refuse to play it until I get home tonight (around 11:30p.m) I'll be playing in a dark room with headphones in. I'm a RE Vet dating back to the first. When I was 5 or so my brother actually sat me down and let me play RE 1 in an attempt to keep me away from the playstation and it backfired. I'm a true fan of Survival Horror and found RE4, 5 and 6 to be considered action rather than Horror.

So I ask you guys, is it scary? Jump scares, environment scars, ambience ..etc Is all of that present in this? Also is the online still active? I didn't know it had a co-op online mode. From what I hear it plays similarly to The Merc 3D
---
PSN: Rodbow15
Pawn: Quinte lvl 200 Ranger "The Blue Dragon"
#2jtanPPosted 5/2/2013 3:00:24 PM
SuperiorSlasher posted...
Also is the online still active? I didn't know it had a co-op online mode. From what I hear it plays similarly to The Merc 3D

online mode is still active, co-op is raid mode.
---
3DS FC: 2621-2935-4078
PM me when you added me.
#3dizanimatorPosted 5/2/2013 3:01:05 PM
I haven't really played much of any other Resident Evil games, but I did enjoy this. There are some jump scares, and some pretty creepy parts going around the ship in the dark.
The online is not as active as it was when the game first came out, but there are still people playing online.
#4GiftedACIIIPosted 5/2/2013 4:08:54 PM
The old REs are action too. lol at people who were actually scared by it. They were just children.
#50-172Posted 5/3/2013 1:27:17 PM
There are some pretty good jump scares, and some pretty chilling moments. While Revelations still has it's fair share of action, there is a lot more focus on the atmosphere.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#6DoomsSDPosted 5/3/2013 1:44:00 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
The old REs are action too. lol at people who were actually scared by it. They were just children.

this. zombies aren't even scary.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 5/3/2013 1:46:55 PM
DoomsSD posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Yes exactly! Especially zombies who are 500 feet away from the screen.
#8DampeThePoeHuntPosted 5/3/2013 2:45:21 PM
It gets old after awhile. But it still gives you a lil' fright.
---
3DS FC: 5413-1158-6036 Name: John. PM me to exchange.
#9BlackBloodDragoPosted 5/4/2013 3:30:55 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
DoomsSD posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Yes exactly! Especially zombies who are 500 feet away from the screen.

The ever so scary pixelated zombies and blood squares. lol but really what made them scary was the atmosphere, not the enemies. The fixed camera angles that didn't let you see, the eerie music, claustrophobic rooms and hallways etc. I'm not gonna deny the game had action though, I mean its pretty evedint with roocket launcher and there nemesiss and tyrant bosses and many other scenes.
---
New 3DS FC: 3480-3950-4456 "Big monsters kill Pit, grr!"-Pauletena-KI:U
"Not another step, potato molester!"-Lissa-FE:A
#10DoomsSDPosted 5/4/2013 4:12:06 AM
The most I'd ever describe a Resident Evil game as being would be "tense". That's about it. I enjoy horror films/games too much to actually find them scary.

I'm not dissing the games, though, it's just that I don't find them scary at all.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...