Tips for those super fast draghignazzo?

#1ravenscourgePosted 5/13/2013 9:01:19 PM(edited)
So, I've been playing raid mode (solo, never played online ever.) and after finally wrapping up abyss I gave the ghost ship a whirl. In what seemed like the longest and most brutal route ever I eventually made it to the deck cause that made sense as a final exit and you, as you probably know, fight these waves of enemies. Well, I think it was the 3rd wave, and it was a giant draghignazzo and these 3 baby draghignazzos that are fast as all freaking hell. I'm almost out of all grenades (like I said, first ghost ship run. Not terribly efficient.) and the ammo stocks are not gone, but running low at this point. Anyway, a draghignazzo isn't a huge deal; Dodge, get behind it, shoot the face.

However, these little bitty tiny ones.....

I can't figure out a dodge timing, I can barely hit them the split second they sit still, and there's 3 of them. Does anyone have any tips for killing these horrible things? They have to be my least favorite enemy in the game.

For the record, I did end up clearing that wave eventually. I had one hit left and no herbs. The army of Rachels cleaned my clock about 10 seconds later.

Edit: Should mention I'm level 50 with level 48 weaps and have cleared every stage on every difficulty. Please omit "be level 50 and get good weapons" from your responses. Thanks.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#20-172Posted 5/13/2013 9:04:09 PM
Pale Rider with Charge Shot 4 straight ignores the armor and just about OHKO's them.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#3ravenscourge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 9:54:43 PM(edited)
Pale Rider with Charge Shot 4 straight ignores the armor and just about OHKO's them.

I was kinda hoping for an armor bypass. I was going to try a piercing mod. I've never gotten a Charge Shot drop. Is that something Abyss 20 can drop or is that related to these "infected missions" I have heard about but am yet to experience? Thanks btw.

Edit: Nevermind friend. I just googled it, which I should have done from the get-go, and got a charge shot 2 from Abyss 16. Tested it on Trench 20 and it definitely pierces the armor with a vengeance. Can only imagine what a charge shot 4 would do if I ever get that. Hope it's not a wanted mission only thing. I'm in the city a couple more days then I head home to where I may own the only 3ds in the county.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#4dizanimatorPosted 5/14/2013 6:39:37 AM
ravenscourge posted...

I was kinda hoping for an armor bypass. I was going to try a piercing mod. I've never gotten a Charge Shot drop. Is that something Abyss 20 can drop or is that related to these "infected missions" I have heard about but am yet to experience? Thanks btw.

Edit: Nevermind friend. I just googled it, which I should have done from the get-go, and got a charge shot 2 from Abyss 16. Tested it on Trench 20 and it definitely pierces the armor with a vengeance. Can only imagine what a charge shot 4 would do if I ever get that. Hope it's not a wanted mission only thing. I'm in the city a couple more days then I head home to where I may own the only 3ds in the county.

I can get wanted and infection missions from playing online with people. Hitting the medal in a level counts like a streetpass, so I still get the missions even though I rarely get any streetpasses, and hardly ever get one for Revelaitons. You may want to try playing online some for those parts. Also, the extra ammo and grenades can really help in the campaign. I think the extra BOW grenades were the only reason I got past the part with Quint's girlfriend on a no-herb run.
#50-172Posted 5/14/2013 7:35:42 AM
ravenscourge posted...

I got mine from a Wanted mission, but it's also a drop in Stage 20.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#6GeneraLightPosted 5/14/2013 1:39:10 PM
Level 49 Pale Rider
- Damage 6
- Fire Rate 4
- Auto Loader
- Outrange 3
- Charge Shot 4

A charged shot from this will always kill a Baby Draghignazzo in one hit. Nearly every enemy in the game too, in fact.
#7DoomsSDPosted 5/15/2013 2:29:57 AM
GeneraLight posted...
Level 49 Pale Rider
- Damage 6
- Fire Rate 4
- Auto Loader
- Outrange 3
- Charge Shot 4

A charged shot from this will always kill a Baby Draghignazzo in one hit. Nearly every enemy in the game too, in fact.

I should note that the only ESSENTIAL parts of this set are:

Lvl 47-49 Pale Rider.
-Damage 6
-Outrange 3
-Charge Shot 4

Those mods are the 3 you should go for and they should be your first priority as they are the OHKO part of the Pale Rider. The other two weapon mods are icing on the cake if you get the spare slots to work with. I only have 4 slots on mine so I go with Auto Loader. But if I had five, I'd put Fire Rate 4 on there too. But that's more of a personal preference. Some people might like Fire Rate 4 over Auto Loader.

Actually, as a rule of thumb, I'd say if you're using a character that has Magnum Mastery, go with the Fire Rate 4 mod. If you're using a character that doesn't have Magnum Mastery, go with Auto Loader.

Just something extra to think about for those who don't have 5 slot Pale Riders.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#8jtanPPosted 5/15/2013 6:01:17 AM
You guys and your pale riders with 3-5 slots. Making me jealous :(
---
3DS FC: 2621-2935-4078
PM me when you added me.
#9DiegoLibePosted 5/16/2013 1:11:30 PM
jtanP posted...
You guys and your pale riders with 3-5 slots. Making me jealous :(

same..mine has 2 slots and is level 47 ... :(
i don't have any weapon above level 47...