Is this version still worth getting?

#1ShindoughPosted 5/26/2013 2:18:09 AM
I could get this on console, but I prefer to play it on portable. If I'm only interested for the story, and not any multiplayer-related features, is it worth getting? What will I be missing out on besides the HD graphics?
---
Hi.
#2DarkShadowRagePosted 5/26/2013 4:48:47 AM
To be honest the graphics aren't really that "HD", only the character models got a real touch up.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2
#3Coryo61827Posted 5/26/2013 4:17:14 PM
I have it for the 3DS but I got the HD version for my ps3 and I'm very happy with my purchase, even at full price.

I just really really like revelations. I don't think I've enjoyed a resident evil game this much since code Veronica honestly.

It's definitely my favorite of the "modern" style of resident evil games.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4Psycko101Posted 5/27/2013 10:56:33 AM(edited)
Coryo61827 posted...
...I just really really like revelations. I don't think I've enjoyed a resident evil game this much since code Veronica honestly.

It's definitely my favorite of the "modern" style of resident evil games.

This :-)
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#5FieldTornOutlawPosted 5/27/2013 3:33:38 PM
Considering you can find it for $10-$20 ($20 any day of the week or on the eshop), it is one of the better values on the system and definitely one of, if not the best looking game on the 3ds...
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#6Lawman_316Posted 5/27/2013 5:05:18 PM
I beat this on the 3DS and just got to Chapter 8 on the 360 version. In my opinion none of the console additions make it worth the extra $30 over the 3DS version. It's a good enough game that you should get it however you can get it, but for the price difference go with the 3DS version.
---
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in."
#7DoomsSDPosted 5/28/2013 1:33:58 AM
I have the 3DS version and the Wii U version.

I liked Revelations more than any game that's been out over the past year and a half, so for me, the chance to play it fresh with new content was too good to pass up. I also got a good deal on the Wii U version- 35 which wasn't too bad.

If you find it discounted for the 3DS version, I'd definitely recommend it. It might be getting over shadowed by the newer versions but it's not a bad little game to have handle at all times.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#8MienchisePosted 5/28/2013 1:18:19 PM
the only thing story-wise you will be missing is being able to play the main campaign on infernal mode and maybe a few newer guns i think? it goes from casual, normal, and hell but with the console versions, they get an infernal mode which is obviously very difficult. but it isnt really worth the extra $30. as for the newer guns im not sure if its on campaign or raid mode. console version also gets in a bunch of annoying achievements although the 3ds does have a few of them too.

the game even on normal is very difficult, especially the FIRST boss. he will literally tear you to shreads. id go with the 3ds version since its like $10 on amazon.
---
ign: supacooldavid. TLS: SKYSPARK. Pokemon White: 3612 0902 4137 ~ David.
#9WizardofHothPosted 6/11/2013 8:15:23 PM
Im glad I bought RE Revelations for my Nintendo 3DS. I just prefer it as it is where it began. Portable.

I hope the Playstation 3/4 fanboys are happy now that they have a Resident Evil game
#10fireemblemomegaPosted 6/12/2013 7:22:38 AM
Only get the console version if you're more into console than handheld gaming (if you're only getting one). The price is already going down on the console versions though.
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
FC Pokemon White 2: 3053-5478-7587 FC 3DS: 0430-8380-6308