How Raid Players Play

#1fireemblemomegaPosted 6/12/2013 8:39:23 AM
I've decided to compile a small list of attributes and behaviors of players. Mostly how they play and what character they choose to play. Here's what I have so far. Please note that these are my experiences and if you're one of these characters and you're NOT like this, I welcome this.

Jill, Parker, Chris (not much of a difference): Cooperative. Tends to take the lead (even if the other is). Won't rush ahead, will wait on players. Not terribly pushy, since most players that command me never have to wait.

Jessica, Raymond: Grudgingly appreciates help (it seems), cares only to wait for a short time, if you're wrapped up in something they won't come to help unless it's a Skagdead about to OHKO you.

Keith: Semi-clumsy as far as weapon choices go (Handguns vs Scarmigliones?) but otherwise like Jill/Parker/Chris. Pretty cool dudes/girls who play as him, not getting shaken up easily.

Quint: Annoying as h***. I'm not sure how many play as him but the few I've encountered have had a grenade throwing fetish. Mostly where I'm at so my charge shots get interrupted or my reloading (not yet begun) won't happen. It's nearly gotten me killed a few times. Otherwise like Jill/Parker/Chris (hereforth known as JPC for short).

Clive: Possibly the neediest and biggest pains in the a**. Never takes the lead, never helps out, will usually sit back "conserving ammo" or will constantly throw grenades (like Quint only for no reason). Tend to use sub par weapons, even if I see them use, say, a Pale Rider that can OHKO most Ooze, they'll switch to a handgun as if their survival will continue if they use a pea shooter. Perhaps my biggest gripe, I have yet to meet a Clive player I wanted to do more than one mission with.

Morgan: Somewhat like Clive, but takes the lead and will actually try to kill enemies before they get to him. Also not much grenade throwing. In fact, unless facing a Skagdead, they won't throw a grenade of any kind to stun or knock off balance any enemy. Tends to stick to a Magnum unless situation demands otherwise.

Jack: Like JPC, but like to stick to standing in one place at most. Unless an enemy gets to where they're standing they won't move unless to dodge a Shooter Ooze.

My point is, does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone want to throw in their experiences? I'm not sure if I made this a griping or an informative thread but I hope it helps.
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
FC Pokemon White 2: 3053-5478-7587 FC 3DS: 0430-8380-6308
#2MienchisePosted 6/12/2013 9:10:28 PM(edited)
Somewhat agree. Clive and Quint users are definitely the most annoying though. Very pushy (always wanting the other player to go first) and throws grenades.

JPC + Keith are usually pretty chill. But out of the 4, Chris's are likely to take the lead most and be a bit pushy. Keith's love to use knives so I don't really shoot at the enemies they're attacking.

Morgan's and Raymond's are likely to use magnums thus always far behind (only during encounters) otherwise, they're pretty chill too.

Jessica's are sort of random. Kind of pushy like Chris's but usually pretty quiet.

Jill's and Raymond's usually give the most thanks. Parker's and Clive's are probably the least.

Never really played with Jack's so can't say.
---
Pokemon White: 3612-0902-4137 (David).
3DS FC: 1306-5494-8828 (Doomsday).
#3fireemblemomega(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:19:40 PM
I haven't learned how to use the commands, so I usually let my guns do the talking as Jack and Jill. No, I didn't mean to do a nursery rhyme there.
---
FC Pokemon White 2: 3053-5478-7587 FC 3DS: 0430-8380-6308
#4TheGoofDaddyPosted 6/20/2013 3:40:00 AM
I primarily play as Raymond. (Do to his being proficient with Handguns and Magnums, I tend to play the way you describe people (I notice this too) who play as Morgan.)

I really don't need any other weapon than my trusty Magnum L. Hawk which dispatches most enemies in one/two shots depending on my marksmanship.

For swarms, I like to pull out my machine gun,

and I keep a shotgun because it is complimentary to the way the Magnum is used and I add a charge shot to try to equal out the kickout. (As it is a much weaker weapon if you don't put the Infighter attachment on it. I keep full grenade stores but i do not spam them especially in close quarters, and I tend to avoid the electric ones as they are more harm than good most of the time.

I like to play alongside someone who either plays the way I do, or the COMPLETE opposite.
For example: Raymond with Small hand weapons = Close range. So a person who likes to use the rifle or machine gun a lot helps for ranged enemies. (If they take AIM at the ranged ones and leave the melee range to me... Also I like someone to be liberal, but not "Spammy" with their grenade stores. (If neither of us can attack for 5 minutes while your grenade satchel is emptied that's not cool. Especially if after all that the enemy is still walking)

Some players do not grasp this. lol If you are holding a melee weapon you are wasting your ammo firing at something that's so far away you can barely see it. Same with pont blank rifle fire.

FC 3239 2909 7800
I also have Mario Kart 7, and Animal Crossing New Leaf If you're looking for challengers/Neighbors.
#5fireemblemomega(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 7:05:48 PM
It's really annoying when I have to rescue the other players who put themselves in a bad situation. If it's something like a half dozen Ooze have surrounded them and they didn't leave me, then that's one thing and I can help. But (primarily) on Ghost Ship, I'll lead the twosome to the Promenade and find that they'll just jump down into the lower part where over a dozen of the Ooze appear. Then they die and I feel like I just wasted all that time because they wanted to go cowboy on me.

Also I prefer my Machine Gun, my Shotgun (both Auto Loaders) and my Pale Rider (Charge Shot, I really want 6 instead of 4).
---
PSN: DragonslayerXYZ FC 3DS: 0430-8380-6308
#6cobra187Posted 6/22/2013 9:51:07 AM
fireemblemomega posted...
Jill, Parker, Chris (not much of a difference): Cooperative. Tends to take the lead (even if the other is). Won't rush ahead, will wait on players. Not terribly pushy, since most players that command me never have to wait.

I usually only play as Jill and even if i am the host of the game, i like letting others take the lead. It's been a year since i played the game. While i remember the routes and all that for levels like the Ghost Ship, i don't know what routes other players might prefer so i tend to let them lead. I just now figured out how to use the command buttons (i know i'm late) i just tell them to "Go".
#7fireemblemomega(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:57:28 PM
cobra187 posted...

I usually only play as Jill and even if i am the host of the game, i like letting others take the lead. It's been a year since i played the game. While i remember the routes and all that for levels like the Ghost Ship, i don't know what routes other players might prefer so i tend to let them lead. I just now figured out how to use the command buttons (i know i'm late) i just tell them to "Go".

You're ahead of me, I don't even have that.
---
#8cobra187Posted 6/23/2013 8:08:46 AM
here's something i noticed the last few days that really gets on my nerves.

Why is it that someone will host a game, and if you're playing with the same character as them, or someone they don't like, they actually wont start the match until you change? I had one guy play as wetsuit Jill. I always use BSAA Jill. he literally sat there and waited until i changed. So i figure since i am using a p90, i'll take Keith for his machine gun stat...and the guy left the game. I found him again, changed to Raymond, and he started the game immediately. I don't understand that. Does a character really make a difference?
#9fireemblemomega(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 8:23:45 AM
I guess to some people it does. Personally I don't care. This was a Jill player you say? Hmm... Well, don't sweat it.
---
#10cobra187Posted 6/23/2013 9:27:12 AM
I guess to some people it does. Personally I don't care. This was a Jill player you say? Hmm... Well, don't sweat it.

Yeah, two different players were using Jill and wouldn't let me join until i changed. Another one had Morgan. it's weird. i need to post my friend code on the facebook group and hope others come along