Lord Kyroo or Ryu Dragon?

#1RaltriosPosted 8/6/2012 7:25:35 PM
I got tired of killing my Kab Cannon and R&R Seal after 6 and 8 times respectively. I thought I had a way to save on materials and get both to star rank with only one more Brilliant Fantasy, but it seems I was mistaken. I really don't want to kill my KC over and over again for both, so which one should I get?
And/or which portals could I use to get their materials?
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#2Hirokey123Posted 8/6/2012 7:26:48 PM
Personally after looking around I think in terms of getting stuff Lord Kyroo is better as there are cheaper ways to get megaflare and they both have combo master. Stat wise though Ryu dragon no contest.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#3Blaze627Posted 8/6/2012 7:29:28 PM
Ryu Dragon gives better stuff (Meteor Crash, Superglide, etc.) and has the better stats, so I'd go with that.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#4raikou68Posted 8/6/2012 7:30:29 PM
Blaze627 posted...
Ryu Dragon gives better stuff (Meteor Crash, Superglide, etc.) and has the better stats, so I'd go with that.

Unrelated but, best sig ever blaze lmao
---
I swear under oats, that i'm telling the truth.
Thank goodness all girls don't think the same way, Tg is awesome.
#5Raltrios(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 7:34:23 PM
I'm still tempted by that Ars Arcanum... and what other ways are there to get Megaflare?

But just in case, if I go for Ryu Dragon, I should use my Blizzara to boost it's Blizzard resistance, right? Or would water resist be better?
---
#6Blaze627Posted 8/6/2012 7:36:18 PM(edited)
Blaze627 posted...

Unrelated but, best sig ever blaze lmao

Yeah, I love that sketch.

Ryu Dragon's more likely to get hit with Ice attacks, so I'd go with Blizzard resistance.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#7Hirokey123Posted 8/6/2012 7:35:39 PM
Tyranto Rex:
Rapid Descent
Meteor Crash
Firaga Burst
Mega Flare
HP Boost x3
Fire Boost x3
Attack Boost x3
Fire Screen x2
Once More
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#8ragnarok183Posted 8/6/2012 7:39:33 PM
get ryu dragon. it doesn't have any glaring weaknesses like kyroos (if they catch fire, they run around whilst ignited, doing nothing for like a minute...dragons don't have to put up with that)
also, iirc, ryu dragon is one of the few spirits with almost-complete superarmor, similar to large-size spirits, and doesn't stagger to most attacks, unlike lesser spirits
in terms of ability links, ryu dragon will consume a crapton of lp, but is well worth it because it has stellar stats (it simply outdoes lord kyroo in that aspect), a better moveset, flight capabilities, etc etc.
to make a max-rank ryu dragon, gather a buncha epic and brilliant fantasies
if you still insist on a lord kyroo, use brilliant and noble fantasies
epic and brilliant fantasies are found via special portals, other boards can tell you a lot more than i can on where/how to find them
noble fantasies are exclusive to moogle-sale-days, for about 2k each
if you're not seeing the star-rank showing up, gather/use more fantasies and/or go to a world when it's a "risky day" (+1 bonus to rank, i think)
#9Raltrios(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 7:39:59 PM
Ah, okay. Then the deciding factor would be on how good Ars Arcanum is. Thoughts?

And any idea which portal has Brilliant Fantasies?
---
#10Raltrios(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 7:43:25 PM
ragnarok183 posted...
get ryu dragon. it doesn't have any glaring weaknesses like kyroos (if they catch fire, they run around whilst ignited, doing nothing for like a minute...dragons don't have to put up with that)
also, iirc, ryu dragon is one of the few spirits with almost-complete superarmor, similar to large-size spirits, and doesn't stagger to most attacks, unlike lesser spirits
in terms of ability links, ryu dragon will consume a crapton of lp, but is well worth it because it has stellar stats (it simply outdoes lord kyroo in that aspect), a better moveset, flight capabilities, etc etc.
to make a max-rank ryu dragon, gather a buncha epic and brilliant fantasies
if you still insist on a lord kyroo, use brilliant and noble fantasies
epic and brilliant fantasies are found via special portals, other boards can tell you a lot more than i can on where/how to find them
noble fantasies are exclusive to moogle-sale-days, for about 2k each
if you're not seeing the star-rank showing up, gather/use more fantasies and/or go to a world when it's a "risky day" (+1 bonus to rank, i think)

I'm on a Risky Winds right now, and I could either use my 6 Brilliants and 4 Pricklies to make Ryu, or 4 Nobles to make Kyroo (I've got 8 and 9 of the latter two, respectively).
---