Parallel Soras, Parallel worlds? Maybe this game is about an alternate Sora?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Parallel Soras, Parallel worlds? Maybe this game is about an alternate Sora?
5 years ago#1
(Yay, old school styled theory topic!)

So an idea I had was that maybe this game is about parallel world versions of Riku and Sora, that just so happen to exist simultaneously as the main series. This explains how they can be young yet fighting enemies and going to worlds that are from later in the series. (It also kind of symbolically explains the "Raining Soras" opening)

I mean if you think about it, the Kingdom Hearts games are all about parallel worlds anyway. Deep Jungle, Clock-tower portion of Neverland, Agrabah, Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons, etc. etc. all of those are just parallel versions of Earth, just focusing on different locations and time periods. But they're still just parallel Earths.

Up until now the KH series has been pretty simplified about the different worlds being completely different places, but the fundamental rule has always been there. The Kingdom Hearts series is about Parallel Worlds, so within it's own premise it's logically possible for there to be parallel versions of existing characters.

Granted, this could get really complicated really fast, and you can just imagine how that would fit into the plot, but it's just something to think about.

---
Death comes for us all Oroko Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
5 years ago#2
Hmmm...

*scratches beard*

Hmmmmmm.....

*scratches beard*

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

*scratches beard*

No.
5 years ago#3
Thanks for contributing.....

---
Death comes for us all Oroko Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
5 years ago#4
RedDeath long time no see. You're a rare poster. Good to see you back after such a long time.

On to your point, I wouldn't rule it out. With all the plot elements and Nomura gets away with and by this point we've already done time travel and for no reason at all Sora in KH2 being able to battle Lingering Sentiment from Mickey's Castle, I can easily see alternate worlds and timelines.
---
Yeah....I don't like this
5 years ago#5
If we did have an alternate universe game, I'd like to see what would have happened if Riku got the Kingdom Key instead of Sora
---
Vanitas: Exactly what I said idiot
-Vanitas, speaking to Ven, in the e3 BBS trailer
5 years ago#6
Well it would be an alternate universe...but it also wouldn't. KH is about parallel worlds, so it would be like a parallel world within a single structured multiverse. So it'd still be in-continuity.

RedDeath long time no see. You're a rare poster. Good to see you back after such a long time.

Err...I was kinda hoping no one would recognize me.....

---
5 years ago#7
Y'know if you think about it, Riku got the kingdom key before Sora...
---
"The past is history, the future is a mystery, now is a gift-
-That's why they call it "The Present" - Master Ouguay
5 years ago#8
Of course. He was the true chosen one, unless there's something in BBS that explains otherwise (I haven't played it yet.)
---
Because girls like guys who stand near flames.
5 years ago#9
O hai RedDeath.
---
I've never made a bet but we gamble with desire.
5 years ago#10
Up until now the KH series has been pretty simplified about the different worlds being completely different places, but the fundamental rule has always been there.

IIRC the realm of light(where the games take place for the most part) was destroyed in the Keyblade War. It apparently used to be one solid plain of existence, but was broken and scattered in the war. Each new fragment then became it's own world. So, kind of all worlds ARE the same, just not parallel, simply pieces of a whole.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Parallel Soras, Parallel worlds? Maybe this game is about an alternate Sora?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived