Tried to play through Days.....

#1PathlessBulletPosted 4/30/2012 7:37:38 PM
Now... I wouldn't really call myself a graphics whore, but holy **** I just am completely detached from the game world with graphics like that.

It looks so bad visually that I have no desire to continue past the first mission! It should of been 2D or made for some more powerful hardware like the PSP.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#2KMAnsemPosted 4/30/2012 7:39:33 PM
I think it looks damn good for a DS game.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#3gransPosted 4/30/2012 7:41:43 PM(edited)
That's definitely the definition of a graphics whore. Being incapable of playing a game past the first five minutes because of "poor graphics". I'm assuming you've never picked up a PS1 or N64 either.

As KMA said, it's one of the better looking DS games.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4ValorZraykPosted 4/30/2012 7:44:53 PM
I just realized that every single game that came out before 2005 sucks because the graphics are bad.
#5EpsteinBarrPosted 4/30/2012 7:49:00 PM
Agreed, it should have been made 2D for the DS. It looks like crap as 3D for the system, might as well have been on the PSP.
#6PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 7:50:43 PM
grans posted...
That's definitely the definition of a graphics whore. Being incapable of playing a game past the first five minutes because of "poor graphics". I'm assuming you've never picked up a PS1 or N64 either.

As KMA said, it's one of the better looking DS games.

I find many of the older N64 very visually pleasing! OoT & MM both look wonderful.

Everything is extremely pixelated in Days..... it works and looks nice for a game like PacMan, but for a 3D KH game where emotion needs to be shown through facial expressions.... awful.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#7kenneth_velezPosted 4/30/2012 7:56:51 PM
Days is decent graphically, Recoded looks a lot better. I supposed you won't be checking out the graphical Splendor that is Resident Evil Dead Silence (A port of the PS1 classic on the DS). DS could handle 3D graphics pretty well though, I mean Start Fox Command, and Metriod Prime Hunters had fantastic graphics for original titles, even the port of Mario 64 held up well.
#8TaticalWarriorPosted 4/30/2012 8:04:45 PM
Days has wonderful technical graphics.

But it is awfuly bland, and lacks the strong art direction from the other games.
Dull and few colors, TT is mostly orange with black cloacked people around, BC is mostly purple with black coacked people around, Agrabah is mostly yellow, Wonderland is mostly dark green...

When I played with the only characters without a black clock, it was suddenly a color splash.

Re:coded has basically the exact same graphics, but looks far better due to being way more colorful, and using lightning effects better.

That command menu was terrible as well. If it was the classical red and blue one, the game wouldn't feel so monochromatic.

Besides, that awful orange box used for the dialogue in Days with the pre-rendered sprites as the faces was awful. CoM's one is basically the same, but much more charming.

It just lacked better art direction and it is a shame they didn't tried a very own art style as they did with CoM, to mimic the PS2 one.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#9EpsteinBarrPosted 4/30/2012 8:27:50 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Days has wonderful technical graphics.

But it is awfuly bland, and lacks the strong art direction from the other games.
Dull and few colors, TT is mostly orange with black cloacked people around, BC is mostly purple with black coacked people around, Agrabah is mostly yellow, Wonderland is mostly dark green...

When I played with the only characters without a black clock, it was suddenly a color splash.

Re:coded has basically the exact same graphics, but looks far better due to being way more colorful, and using lightning effects better.

That command menu was terrible as well. If it was the classical red and blue one, the game wouldn't feel so monochromatic.

Besides, that awful orange box used for the dialogue in Days with the pre-rendered sprites as the faces was awful. CoM's one is basically the same, but much more charming.

It just lacked better art direction and it is a shame they didn't tried a very own art style as they did with CoM, to mimic the PS2 one.

I wonder, why didn't they use the PSP for all their portable KH games? It's been a while.
#10UpDownSMACKPosted 4/30/2012 8:31:54 PM
KMAnsem posted...
I think it looks damn good for a DS game.

It actually, really doesn't... The graphics ARE crap. The character models themselves are fine, but the original EverQuest has better visuals as far as environments are concerned. But really, the graphics are the least of Days' problems...

Re:coded does improve on the whole visual thing, though.