Are we ever going to see Tarzan again?

#13khcPosted 5/24/2012 8:43:36 PM
I miss Jane.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/60990732
#2Zero_ManiacPosted 5/24/2012 8:46:51 PM
Probably not. It's not because Nomura doesn't want to, it's because it would be a pain to get the permission again.
---
"I've got it. KMA IS the coin!!" -anonymous
Official Riku of the Kingdom Hearts 3D board
#3snuffles504Posted 5/24/2012 8:47:23 PM
If KH1 is remade in HD, then sure. Other than that, copyright issues say negative.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#43khc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 8:50:02 PM
What is the deal with the copyright anyway? I thought its all good since Disney made that adaptation?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/60990732
#5Hirokey123Posted 5/24/2012 8:56:18 PM
They can't make "new" material with Tarzan they can only reuse what they've already made before the copyright ran out. So they can't make new episodes of Tarzan's animated series, they can't make a new KH Tarzan world, etc....

They could theoretically though remake KH1 and use the old Tarzan world they already made.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6QuantumWolfPosted 5/24/2012 9:18:37 PM
Tarzan and Winnie the Pooh are both wildcards among the Disney properties really. I don't know how it exactly works out, but my guess is that Disney regular has to pay royalties to the estates of the authors in order to continue using them. That's why they have separate copyright notices whenever you see them when you boot up the game.

Pooh, because of its massive popularity I think has no problem. But I think Disney eventually realized that Tarzan was not worth renewing.

In-universe, I just use the excuse of DiZ's line from 358/2 Days. "Oh I think he can do without a memory or two". DiZ or Namine was probably bored with all the in-fighting of Sora and Donald, and was disgusted by all the monkey and duck love between Donald and Terk.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512
#7ljobenzaPosted 5/24/2012 9:26:48 PM
3khc posted...
What is the deal with the copyright anyway? I thought its all good since Disney made that adaptation?

The rights for Tarzan are still owned. It's not public domain.

Btw did you know the Happy Birthday song is copyrighted as well? And that the owners can sue you for singing it in public?
#8ssbmrocksPosted 5/24/2012 10:21:53 PM
No, because of the GOL-RILL-UHS!
---
You can't spell assassin without sin and twice the ass.
3DS FC: 1719-3239-6653 (Robert)
#9icemagicianPosted 5/25/2012 3:28:11 AM
I sure hope not. I found Deep Jungle in KH1 to be rather terrible.
---
www.backloggery.com/frozencthulhu
#10UltimaSora91Posted 5/25/2012 4:56:23 AM
The rights of Tarzan is being held by the creator's family. After one of the members died by here a few years ago, the family stopped leasing the rights. The man who died was the one who gave Disney permission to make their versions of Tarzan. However, after his passing, the family had no interest of leasing. So the only way we will ever see a new interpretation of Tarzan, either someone in the family must change their mind or come of age and decide to lease the rights.
---
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance release date 7/31...seems a bit meow wow-ish.