If you hate the KH fanbase...

#31vgsrulePosted 6/17/2012 2:41:07 PM
But you're forgetting that at the beginning of the game Leon asks you to find the Ansem reports and that he's the only one who may be able to stop the heartless. They mentioned him plenty

He was mentioned yes, but that doesn't make his role any larger until the end. And I apologize, I exagerated when I said you didn't even know he existed.

And even then, while playing through the game, you were never thinking, "oh, we have to find Ansem and his reports". You were thinking "we need to stop the Disney villains and save the princesses".
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#32KMAnsemPosted 6/17/2012 2:43:33 PM
And even then, while playing through the game, you were never thinking, "oh, we have to find Ansem and his reports".

I was...

I mean, I didn't know he was a villain, but I knew they wouldn't have mentioned him if he wasn't going to appear later on. I expected to find him locked up in Maleficent's dungeon or something, and finding him would be, like, a huge plot twist because he'd be so full of information and stuff. And the reports were always interesting.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#33ShiningBladerPosted 6/17/2012 2:48:10 PM
Herr_Edgeworth posted...
There could be tons of ways to bring xemnas and ansem back without involving time.

Start explaining. Time Travel wasn't even that convoluted and it will be much less when we get an official translation. You want something convoluted? Go watch MGS4's ending.

Make replicas of them based on memories. It would actually be easier for Xehanort to implant in them his heart/will and make the 13 darkness and it is something that already happened in the series
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#34skymansxenoPosted 6/17/2012 2:48:39 PM
The thing I don't understand is why the fanbase always turns out like this. Nothing but complaints that makes you wonder why they still play the series. Fanbases always end up being way to negative all the time.

I love FF, KH, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear and Mass Effect and wouldn't mind if all the fans would jump into a volcano.
#35KMAnsemPosted 6/17/2012 2:52:49 PM
Make replicas of them based on memories. It would actually be easier for Xehanort to implant in them his heart/will and make the 13 darkness and it is something that already happened in the series

I feel like we've used replicas enough. Once you start using one plot device too much, things tend to get boring. That's why nanomachines get so much flack in MGS4 -- they were the answer to almost everything instead of being used in moderation.

Besides, that would involve seriously twisting the way replicas work, which means seriously undermining Xion's story. And how would it be easier for Xehanort to implant his heart into them? Ansem and Xemnas are already him; no effort needed. You don't get easier than that.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#36vgsrulePosted 6/17/2012 2:58:57 PM
I mean, I didn't know he was a villain, but I knew they wouldn't have mentioned him if he wasn't going to appear later on. I expected to find him locked up in Maleficent's dungeon or something, and finding him would be, like, a huge plot twist because he'd be so full of information and stuff. And the reports were always interesting.

Huh. I never thought it through like that. I was like, 10, though, and I rarely thought ahead in the games I was playing.

Still, it was a relatively minor part of the game, which is what my argument really is. Disney was the major focus, even in terms of the main plot. If KH1 was the only game that existed, we would probably all fondly remember that Disney game we played years back, rather than tons of plot analysis that rarely even acknowledges the existence of Disney within the games.

The thing I don't understand is why the fanbase always turns out like this. Nothing but complaints that makes you wonder why they still play the series. Fanbases always end up being way to negative all the time.

I can't really tell if that's your fanbase complaint, or if you're talking about this topic...
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#37ShiningBladerPosted 6/17/2012 3:00:04 PM
KMAnsem posted...

I feel like we've used replicas enough. Once you start using one plot device too much, things tend to get boring. That's why nanomachines get so much flack in MGS4 -- they were the answer to almost everything instead of being used in moderation.

power of friendship!! Light! Darkness!

Besides, that would involve seriously twisting the way replicas work, which means seriously undermining Xion's story.

No, it wouldn't

And how would it be easier for Xehanort to implant his heart into them? Ansem and Xemnas are already him; no effort needed. You don't get easier than that.

I was thinking about Xemnas and Ansem coming with no memories. Like completely hollow vessels that would end up being "brainwashed" by Xehanort in a similar way to Vanitas.
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#38YoungGganonPosted 6/17/2012 10:22:53 PM
What I hate most about it, is the sheer zeal in it's fans. Who will deny any flaws, always support Sora and Nomura, no matter what. That really bugs me.
---
(Now replaying all of the Kingdom Hearts series)
~Not changing this sig until Morgan Freeman voices a character in Kingdom Hearts.
#39kewldude475Posted 6/17/2012 10:32:43 PM
YoungGganon posted...
What I hate most about it, is the sheer zeal in it's fans. Who will deny any flaws, always support Sora and Nomura, no matter what. That really bugs me.

Like what.
#40ThesingerofstarPosted 6/17/2012 11:23:39 PM(edited)
I agree with ShiningBlader.
Time travel is a lazy, cliched plot device, especially when it's used so suddenly and randomly.