FAQ and complete list of Special Portals *location spoilers*

#31xfyrenxPosted 8/3/2012 5:47:34 PM
kapowie5 posted...
For those of you asking about the Me Me Bunny portal in the Musketeers world, I had the same problem earlier today. The portal lies in a secret room located in the bottom-right corner of the map, lower floor. It's blocked by a destructable wall. It's easiest to locate with your screen brightness turned up.

I knew were it was supposed to be, I got hit with the no special portals bug, since I couldn't get them to appear for either characters. Thankfully, this topic has a solution:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/63588171
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#32ChurroPosted 8/3/2012 5:49:40 PM
Requested a Sticky :D
---
http://twitter.com/churroz - The Cult of Personality
http://www.kh2.co.uk
#33Rebel_Dante(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 6:03:48 PM
Sorry I missed a lot of messages, glad this was useful to people! I managed to submit it to the FAQs section of the site, so it's there now.

The Me Me Bunny entry - is it wrong? Or is it just a glitch? Just making sure there's nothing I need to update, as I put it all together and you know... human error and everything.

Brodius posted...
Can I confirm that if you play a special portal, but don't meet the condition for the extra item, does it still count as a completion for that portal?

Yes it does :) I'll add this to the list of notes I need to add to the FAQ.

As for people asking about items dropped by the portals, I can't honestly say I've done enough research to know. It does seem that there is some kind of pattern, though - since the portals in the final world are good for farming Wild Fantasy and Brilliant Fantasy.

My guide was mainly written to save time on finding the portals, but I will look into adding extra info such as this.
#34dozingdevilPosted 8/3/2012 6:07:29 PM
im neeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring getting all portals.

I'll be happy to share what i know once i do

something you might be able to test immediately is that i got a pricky fantasy from a special portal in pranksters (the undersea lucky customer one)

and a pricky fantasy from musketeer world courtyard, (think it was halbird or something)
---
F-L-A...Got it memorized?
#35Rebel_Dante(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 6:10:33 PM
dozingdevil posted...
im neeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring getting all portals.

I'll be happy to share what i know once i do

something you might be able to test immediately is that i got a pricky fantasy from a special portal in pranksters (the undersea lucky customer one)

and a pricky fantasy from musketeer world courtyard, (think it was halbird or something)

What do you mean by something I can test? Just not sure how you mean.

Portals definitely don't always give the same prizes, but I believe each one has a small pool of items it can drop. Bonus Items don't seem to matter since I got a Brilliant Fantasy in TWTNW without achieving the objective.
#36Mikey_RPosted 8/3/2012 6:11:50 PM
From my (limited) understanding, there are certain materials which can only be obtained from portal (which we know), but it does seem like some are limited to certain worlds. Chances are, if they make a good spirit, it can only be obtained in later worlds, probably so you can't make them too early.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#37dozingdevilPosted 8/3/2012 6:12:16 PM
ah ok

yeah well i was thinking if you got the same thing then it would confirm it or something

but if its a pool then ok
---
F-L-A...Got it memorized?
#38xfyrenxPosted 8/3/2012 6:15:38 PM
Rebel_Dante posted...
The Me Me Bunny entry - is it wrong? Or is it just a glitch? Just making sure there's nothing I need to update, as I put it all together and you know... human error and everything.

It's not wrong, although some more precise directions could help (for a few, in fact. Like portal 6 for Riku's Prankster Paradise, where you need to activate the thingy at the back to make the platforms rise to make the portal appear), it's just that some of us are getting affected by a bug that makes portals not show up until we drop a couple times in a row.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#39Rebel_Dante(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 6:19:12 PM
xfyrenx posted...
Rebel_Dante posted...

It's not wrong, although some more precise directions could help (for a few, in fact. Like portal 6 for Riku's Prankster Paradise, where you need to activate the thingy at the back to make the platforms rise to make the portal appear), it's just that some of us are getting affected by a bug that makes portals not show up until we drop a couple times in a row.

Ah OK.

Once I have a little time I'll run through all the comments here and see what I can apply to the guide, such as more detailed explanations for problem portals, and more info in the FAQs section.
#40IronBuzzPosted 8/4/2012 12:58:01 AM
dang youre a god for posting this. i remember taking a glance at the strategy guide and it showed specifically what reward you got from which portal. i really wish you posted what dream piece you get like the guide but this just as good thanks
---
AC:CF ironbuzz at ShamWow
0603 0703 7995