Does anyone see the Disney Worlds as pointless filler?

#11hear_me_raorPosted 7/31/2012 8:27:42 PM
Disney worlds are great, after all it wouldnt be KH without them, but they could use a bit more depth. Maybe have some Final Fantasy characters in them and make the existence of the the Disney characters a bit more meaningful.
---
[Private Sig: Do Not Read]
#12SynetricPosted 7/31/2012 9:57:25 PM
To be honest, the reason I got into the series and still get hyped for the series is the Disney worlds. They make the game fantastic, although I agree they could stand to use a little more depth. This time around, they crafted the atmosphere and environments almost perfectly, but the characters could've used more fleshing out and relevance.
#13CervosiPosted 7/31/2012 10:08:02 PM
The game is Disney with their own personal flair to it.

Final Fantasy stuff is only a minor thing.

It's just kind of funny though, looking at the stories for the worlds, considering, on paper, it looks like a crappy fanfict of a shameless self insert into an abridged plot of the movie.
---
Bluh bluh.
#14game_man1Posted 7/31/2012 10:08:48 PM
maybe some day disney will let square do more with the disney characters though that seems unlikely. honestly though the only time disney worlds felt like filler was with COM.

i mean the disney stuff is the whole point of the KH series. i can't be the only one who got interested in KH because of that very first commercial for the first game showing all the different disney characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI
#15BoomonPosted 7/31/2012 10:26:39 PM
game_man1 posted...
maybe some day disney will let square do more with the disney characters though that seems unlikely. honestly though the only time disney worlds felt like filler was with COM.

i mean the disney stuff is the whole point of the KH series. i can't be the only one who got interested in KH because of that very first commercial for the first game showing all the different disney characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI

It was the whole DisneyXFinal Fantasy idea that was great in the first place, & it works....there's nothing better than a kick@$$ keyblade master helping a hunny-loving bear find his friends...nothing compares to it!!!
---
"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." -Bruce Lee-------PSN: Boomon0
#16Drizzy_DrizakePosted 7/31/2012 10:28:23 PM
Only in a few of the games. KH2, CoM, Days. But in this one, KH1, BBS, and I guess even Coded too no not really.
---
Formerly known as Darkmagic3
Dusk:Abs! Zuly:Tross! KMA:Beards! Dark:Pills! Slm:Locks! Tgirl:WITH YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN BLOX-slm
#17Hikaru_IrvingPosted 7/31/2012 10:32:35 PM
Does anyone see the Disney Worlds as pointless filler?

I don't, not really. They give the games flavor and character. The original worlds and characters do as well, but it would be a mite more bland without the Disney, especially considering that:

a) Nomura has to be careful not to do something with the Disney material the Disney company wouldn't like, or else he might just go back to square one.

b) If Nomura relied on solely Disney material from the beginning, KH would've ended in the first game, after beating Maleficent, and then that's it, the end. I think I prefer the series as it is.
---
Glad to know it's good.~Driz
#18FAT____MANPosted 7/31/2012 10:34:18 PM
Hikaru_Irving posted...

b) If Nomura relied on solely Disney material from the beginning, KH would've ended in the first game, after beating Maleficent, and then that's it, the end. I think I prefer the series as it is.

What a boring imagination.
#19NeoSephiroth87XPosted 7/31/2012 10:39:11 PM
I remember my first thought when KH1 was announced: "They're putting Sephiroth and Winnie the Pooh in a game together? Stupid idea." Now 10 years later I own every game in the series.
#20Hikaru_IrvingPosted 7/31/2012 10:39:50 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
What a boring imagination.

I wouldn't be making comments about imagination if I had a username like yours, but that is neither here nor there.
---
Glad to know it's good.~Driz