Just beat Rinzler...(slight spoilers)

#1KeitaroYevonPosted 8/2/2012 12:56:59 PM
He's not really as hard as people think he is, just really fast. It's a game of patience for the most part. As long as you time your attacks and not let yourself get disoriented by the gravity shift, he's not that hard. Use a Link Attack to make the battle easier. Only had one Cura and rest were mostly Key attacks. Flowmotion helps too as he can't really block or avoid those attacks. Just don't go into this fight thinking you can out-muscle him and you'll be fine.
---
Evan King -- King of Evans
3DS Code: Evan King 2406-5128-9341
#2Swan3624Posted 8/2/2012 1:21:17 PM
I have a hard time being patient when there's a system implemented that will Drop me out of the boss fight no matter how far I get into it. :(
---
Currently playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger DS, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#3KHWyvernPosted 8/2/2012 1:23:54 PM
Swan3624 posted...
I have a hard time being patient when there's a system implemented that will Drop me out of the boss fight no matter how far I get into it. :(

I hated that so much when it happened. Why? Why would they implement drops during boss fights?!
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#4EchoPhoenixPosted 8/2/2012 1:26:19 PM
I know, right? I'm surprised that there were so many posts about Rinzler. He has a huge delay after all of his attacks, so you just dodge one attack, hit him back, rinse and repeat. I don't even see how the gravity shift affects much, since you can just not move and just block instead. Heck, he's even wide open right when everything turns upside-down, and when everything's back to normal you just dodge and he's wide open again. He's like the least aggressive boss in the game, so just playing patiently with simple dodges should clear him no sweat.
#5Second_ChancesPosted 8/2/2012 1:26:21 PM
Yeah, pretty much. The gravity shift is worse than disorientation with up being down though.
#6Minatokun13Posted 8/2/2012 2:30:48 PM
...I didn't know he was supposed to be hard... I only had one Cura, no potions, and didn't use Flowmotion either...I just blasted him with Magic and ran up close when they were recharging...

Now Sora's boss from the Fantasia world, THAT took me several tries.
#7narutofan1o1Posted 8/2/2012 2:38:24 PM
KeitaroYevon posted...
He's not really as hard as people think he is, just really fast. It's a game of patience for the most part. As long as you time your attacks and not let yourself get disoriented by the gravity shift, he's not that hard. Use a Link Attack to make the battle easier. Only had one Cura and rest were mostly Key attacks. Flowmotion helps too as he can't really block or avoid those attacks. Just don't go into this fight thinking you can out-muscle him and you'll be fine.

for me I beat him too fast for him to gravity shift -.-
---
I wan't something to die for
something that makes it beautiful to live.
#8arvilinoPosted 8/2/2012 2:47:20 PM
KHWyvern posted...
Swan3624 posted...

I hated that so much when it happened. Why? Why would they implement drops during boss fights?!

Even on Proud with The Grid right after Traverse Town you can beat him before Sora drops. You'd have to be going really slow otherwise, which I guess the drop system discourages.
#9KHWyvernPosted 8/2/2012 2:48:45 PM
arvilino posted...
KHWyvern posted...
Swan3624 posted...

Even on Proud with The Grid right after Traverse Town you can beat him before Sora drops. You'd have to be going really slow otherwise, which I guess the drop system discourages.

Well, despite what everyone claims, I was having problems with him until I was told to activate the Counter Rush....to bad Riku doesn't have that, cause now I have to fight him again, ugh.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#10kewldude475Posted 8/2/2012 2:52:20 PM
Yeah, he honestly wasn't that hard, especially since you can out dodge him. Also, he has no desperation move, so he always has the same strategy.

I don't see why everyone hated him, even on proud mode.