So I heard the name of the secret boss... *Spoilers*

#1SocranPosted 8/2/2012 10:20:03 PM
...And I thought that it was Square's Julius, not Disney's. I was so disappointed when Frankenpete climbed out of that sewer. Maybe it's because I don't think there's enough love for the villain of the first ever Final Fantasy spinoff, or maybe I just really wanted to hear a Yoko Shimomura remix of Courage and Pride from the Heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSbHUE6VcOY

Would anyone else have preferred for him to be the secret boss?

(By the way, before anyone says that Final Fantasy Adventure's Japanese name was Seiken Densetsu, and wasn't actually a FF spinoff, the full title was Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden. A lot of people seem to miss that part.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2ChronoCactaurPosted 8/2/2012 10:26:39 PM(edited)
No, because I don't care for Final Fantasy Spinoffs. Meanwhile, I fondly remembered watching Runaway Brain around the time The Goofy Movie came out. Was some unexpected nostalgia, and damnit it's good to have a Secret Disney Boss again.

(I know Runaway Brain was shown during the theater release of Goofy Movie, but I don't recall watching them in one sitting)
#3DragonLord150Posted 8/2/2012 10:27:34 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...
No, because I don't care for Final Fantasy Spinoffs. Meanwhile, I fondly remembered watching Runaway Brain around the time The Goofy Movie came out. Was some unexpected nostalgia, and damnit it's good to have a Secret Disney Boss again.

Well I wish he was not Boss Strength and would rival the SE Side-bosses. -__- I beat him like 12 times for fun. HE IS SO EASY IT IS NOT FUNNY. DX
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
#4CloudHiroPosted 8/3/2012 12:34:54 AM(edited)
its because SE's Julius is a Mana series boss, not a final fantasy series one. besides TWEWY, all the SE characters that appeared have been final fantasy ones, and TWEWY was only because that game was made by the same guys who made the Kingdom hearts series.

I know it was originally sold as final fantasy adventure over here, but really that was to draw attention to it even though it was a part of a completely different series. I mean, all the GB final fantasies were really part of a different series than final fantasy, trying to draw in American customers with false brand loyalty. the others were part of their SaGa series.
---
This area will self destruct in T minus 10 seconds. Please commence screaming and running around in circles. Have a Nice Day.
#5SpiralSagePosted 8/3/2012 12:44:40 AM
If it had been that Julius that would have been really random.
---
http://gameramblings.wordpress.com/
Create Order From Chaos!
#6EchoPhoenixPosted 8/3/2012 3:13:41 AM
If I had heard that the boss was called Julius and that he was in Traverse Town, then yeah, I'd have guessed the same thing. I mean, it's in a world where a new Square universe is introduced to the series (TWEwY), so I would've figured that by extension, they would have the secret boss to be another non-Final Fantasy Square character.

But really, I think Disney's Julius is even better and fits more. He brings a goofy charm to the game and is even more refreshing as a secret boss because of it when compared to the other secret bosses in the series. Plus, I think it's nice to show the union of Square and Disney for this series with Traverse Town, with Square characters being featured in the main story, while the post-game bonus is a Disney character.